Burnout competition.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm going to enter the bountiful car show burnout competition this year ( will probably be the only bike ). I was thinking of throwing a rear shinko " smokebomb" tire on the rear. Do it in Red smoke to match my bike. Anybody have experience with these tires.. Im wondering if they really smoke this red or if this is an exaggeration.

Also, I can do standing burnouts with the best of them but my rolling burnouts are very fast and short lived. Any tips on how to do a long winded smokey rolling burnout on the Max? I imagine I just need to practice playing with the front brake a bit

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336587497236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336587497236.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 153
Use a smoke grenade fitted to the swingarm and just activate it when revving up... And you will end the burn out with a mint tire huh? LOL

For the rolling burnout I might suggest using second gear, I've seen Wildman98 do these with impressive results!.............:punk:..............Tom.

Haha just need a smoke grenade. Wow! Those work great. I think I'm gonna have to get one. Now I just need a speaker system on my bike so I can blast some George thorogood before hand. It's all about presentation!

Is it my imagination or did I actually see the rear bike tire grow smaller?

I can see laying a nice scratch off a stoplight once in a while, but honestly I never got the point of these long standing burnouts.

My 10hp Briggs&Stratton powered minibike can do a smoky burnout(granted it has knobby tires), I did one with a chinese virago 250 clone, it's not like a burnout requires a lot of power or skill to do. I don't see why everyone is so obsessed with them. It's $150 for a cloud of smoke and a couple of minutes of attention. To me that's a pretty shitty value. I'd rather not spin it, hook up and pull a nice wheelie as whoever else fades into the mirror. That costs maybe $1 of fuel and is much more impressive.

Also, I can do standing burnouts with the best of them but my rolling burnouts are very fast and short lived. Any tips on how to do a long winded smokey rolling burnout on the Max? I imagine I just need to practice playing with the front brake a bit

Thats about it, get it going then just play with your front brake and keep your balance.
Here is mine from a competition a couple of years back, just as I started to move forward.

rollinr.jpg

Here is a vid of Thadd on his bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwjKAInddoI

The Australians have some great competitions. :punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoL6K6jehC0

Well the burnout competition was tonight.. didn't have my Vmax together in time so was unable to compete but still had fun watching.

My buddies truck with smoke bomb tires, redneck pit crew and 800 horse power highway patrol car. My friend James won this plaque signed by Mario Andretti. Cool stuffs.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1339816680913.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339816680913.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339816848371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339816848371.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339816882575.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339816882575.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1339816901400.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1339816901400.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 22
IMHO, A hold the front brake and spin the tire is a NO SKILL REQUIRED stunt,A burn out should be LONG and smokey !

Back