Buying Marks performance exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you sure you weren't trying to call Cornell? :smileystooges:

Mark

I tried him too and he took 3 weeks to call me back... I had already bought the Walker setup and am happy with it but I wish it had a crossover even though Dale tried one and found the setup he makes now to be the best...:confused2: Sound isn't quite as nice IMHO as with a crossover.

Still haven't heard anything from anyone there.... Customer service (i.e. answering emails, phones, etc.)must not be a top priority for him I guess.

Ah damn! It looks like Mark's exhaust is not in my near future.....:damn angry::damn angry:
I recalculated my funds I set aside and Uncle Sam's offering for my mods. Sigh, I will have only enough to spend on handling and a few other goodies it seems.
I also have a yard to cover with black dirt, finish building my deck, and start a pole building/ garage so I can house my toys. Damn this responsible attitude!:bang head:

Still haven't heard anything from anyone there.... Customer service (i.e. answering emails, phones, etc.)must not be a top priority for him I guess.

Who are you trying to get a hold of? Mark?

Ah damn! It looks like Mark's exhaust is not in my near future.....:damn angry::damn angry:
I recalculated my funds I set aside and Uncle Sam's offering for my mods. Sigh, I will have only enough to spend on handling and a few other goodies it seems.
I also have a yard to cover with black dirt, finish building my deck, and start a pole building/ garage so I can house my toys. Damn this responsible attitude!:bang head:

Awe... That sucks! I did my bikes first and am just finishing up the house stuff!:thumbs up:

Yes, it was Mark... No worries though, I'll contact Dale Walker instead- besides, I prefer his stainless steel system w/ the polished alum. 12" cans anyway and I can always add a cross-over pipe between banks for the mellow sound.

Yes, it was Mark... No worries though, I'll contact Dale Walker instead- besides, I prefer his stainless steel system w/ the polished alum. 12" cans anyway and I can always add a cross-over pipe between banks for the mellow sound.

Pretty sure they're 14" cans... If you talk to Dale ask him why he left the crossover out... He has a reason...:confused2: I like my system. It fit great and he treated me great even after the sale...:thumbs up:

Hmm.... seems im the only person that can get a hold of Mark. Wierd. I emailed him yesterday about my exhaust and he got back to me today. He must be swamped because he's had my order for two and a half weeks and is going to start building them early next week. I cant wait because i belive spring is right around the corner and i dont want to be stuck riding my CB750 when the weather breaks.:thumbs up:

I emailed Dale two days ago and he emailed me back yesterday with ALL my answers...:thumbs up:

The jets he provides in his stage 1 kit are 155 Mikuni's

I am amazed how he gets back to me even when I'm not doing business with him right now...

+1 in my book!

I emailed Mark a few days ago as I stated in this thread, but still haven't heard any reply from him at all since. I'll move on........

Ive emailed and called him, left message, about two weeks ago. no response. but i also enquired about a custom exhaust. maybe he's not up to my task.

Ive emailed and called him, left message, about two weeks ago. no response. but i also enquired about a custom exhaust. maybe he's not up to my task.

Yep! Been there tried it and ended up thinking he didn't need my business...:damn angry:

just an update, i emailed mark about the progress of my system and he said it was built and is currently geting its ceramic coating. BUT....... the place that does the coating is backed up so he's going to get it back sometime next week. It seems to be taking forever but im sure it will be worth it. and its not like i could ride it anyway, its still snows hear in New York.

Well, after waiting just shy of two months my exhaust has finaly made it home. all the componets come individualy wraped, covered in bubble wrap, and burried in packing material. very well packaged i must say. It goes together quite easily but the intermediat pipes to the head pipes are very tight and require alot of woking back and forth to slide on. Mark assured me that no sealant is needed because of the tight fit and it is true. The muffler mounting bolts are to short and need to be replaced with a longer bolt and a nut. The only issue i have with marks system is that my centerstand hits the crossover pipe when its up. it looks lke there is a tab welded on to stop this from happening but its to short. it looks easy enough to modify though. im very happy with the system and its well worth the wait.

Attachments

• Marks Pipe 005.jpg
    Marks Pipe 005.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Marks Pipe 003.jpg
    Marks Pipe 003.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 97
Well, after waiting just shy of two months my exhaust has finaly made it home. all the componets come individualy wraped, covered in bubble wrap, and burried in packing material. very well packaged i must say. It goes together quite easily but the intermediat pipes to the head pipes are very tight and require alot of woking back and forth to slide on. Mark assured me that no sealant is needed because of the tight fit and it is true. The muffler mounting bolts are to short and need to be replaced with a longer bolt and a nut. The only issue i have with marks system is that my centerstand hits the crossover pipe when its up. it looks lke there is a tab welded on to stop this from happening but its to short. it looks easy enough to modify though. im very happy with the system and its well worth the wait.

Where / what model # are those luggage frames you have in one pic? PM me if you can :clapping:

You should've sanded the ceramic coating at the joints down a bit (alot of work with emery cloth) to get more of a slip fit. It will be a horrendous BITCH to get the pipes off again (DON'T ask me how I know!) Also, there was a rubber stopper somewhere on the stock pipes(?) or on the center stand that I moved to the tab on the Mark's pipes crossover to stop it from hitting. The other thing that may happen is the centerstand slightly hitting the left side can (on 2-4 systems) when raised, easily remedied by judicious use of a hand grinder. The stock mounting bolts worked fine on my bike. They have just enough threads to hold. Use some lock-tite, although I didn't and they haven't fallen off yet.

The mufflers slip on (after you slightly sand the coating to make it easier:whistlin:) and the springs hold it tightly to the mid pipe. on my system the muffler mounting bolts didnt even make it through mounting tab. The muffler mounts are pritty beefy, which is a good thing because they seem to be able to support the bike when its laying on its side. dont ask me how i know.:bang head: ill post pictures tomarrow.

well here's the damage, coming home from a friends place when my boot lace got hung up on something. came to a stop and floped over. It scratched up the right muffler and dented in my side cover but other than that there is no other damage, just my pride. be sure to tuck those laces in before you ride.

Attachments

• vmax mods 007.jpg
    vmax mods 007.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 40
  • vmax mods 008.jpg
    vmax mods 008.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back