Can you fit the later bigger rotors and daul pistons calipers on a 90?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2stangs69-91

Reaction score
Just curious if I can swap the later model bigger rotors and calipers from a 93 and later to a 90? thanks.

You can with caliper adapters...might be worth it to get late model forks and triples too then adapters wouldn't be needed. Adapters can be had from cycleoneoff or Thomas Powell. They aren't cheap....well over $200 for the adapters.

Yes, it is possible with adapters. You can upgrade pre-'93 to the newer 4 pot Vmax calipers to '07, R1- years '99 to '03, and even hayabusa 6 pot calipers. The 4 pot vmax and R1 calipers can use the same type adapter while the hayabusa use one of Sean's adapters (Morley's Muscle)

Yea, i've got the busa adapters (with larger rotors) and 4 piston tokico adapters (for stock rotors). I should even have a set of calipers on hand too as well as rotors. You can round up the stuff on ebay pretty cheaply too. My adapters are much cheaper then the 4 piston stuff. There should be a thread with pics of my adapters on a bike. I know the vmax journey also has pics.

Sean

Back