VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micahdean

Reaction score
Put in the Morley stage 7 jet kit and marks custom 4 to 2 exhaust over the winter. The bike has run great. It does run a little rich so I backed the clip off the fuel needle one notch. Helped out a little. Ran the bike for 2 months and felt fine. Just ran it the day for 150 miles and the last 20 miles I lost all performance and the exhaust sounds different like it's not performing. It struggles to idel at 500rpm when it's usually around 1000rpm. If I give it gas slowly it kills it self. But when I get on it the bike sounds and run normal. Also if I leave the choke partly on it performs much better but is know that's now the bike is supposed to run.

What I have done so far. Changed spark plugs. Did the pea shooter with sea foam. Also sprayed all the pipes with water and found out that the forward left cylinder is running extremely cold compaired to the rest

I am Looking for any help I can get and any suggestions . I am still pretty new to the vmax world so I am still learning the ins and outs of this bike

I had this happen to me before. It started all of a sudden, in the middle of a ride. I went and bought some seafoam and dumped a decent dose in a full tank of fuel. I rode the piss out of the bike till it was time to fill up again. Repeat the seafoam procedure, new fuel and all of a sudden, it was gone.

I got lucky.

Sounds like you've got some gunk in your carbs. You can try the above. If that doesn't work you will have to tear them down for a cleaning.

Make sure your all of your boots are clamped tight and in good condition. Includes airbox, manifold, and vboost boots.

Well I cashed my tail all day. Took apart the carb cleaned it and reassembled it. Didn't change a thing. It road like shit just like before. I talked to Sean he said that maybe the carbs are out of sync.

Well I cashed my tail all day.
:ummm::ummm::ummm::ummm:

If you got any money out of your tail, maybe you could afford to send those carbs to Sean, or Danny, to have them done up right. :biglaugh:

are you getting spark on that cylinder. maybe bad wire or cap...coil...

When mine did this....I had 2 PAJ that were dirty, and cleaned them with the shotgun method.

Maybe I should read my work before I submit it lol. I'm breaking down and sending my carbs to Danny. Fingers crossed this is the issue.

Latest posts

Back