Carb maintenance tip.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
I developed an issue with my carbs a couple weeks ago, when I would whack the throttle quick or do my first gear rolling smoker it had a flat spot/ cough/ hesitation. So I figured I would do some needed Maintenance...
* Used Seafoam - No change.
* Changed spark plugs - No change.
* Changed fuel filter - No change.
So I tried one last thing.......
* Start your engines fuel treatment - Carb issue solved!
I read a few posts on here about this product and figured I had nothing to lose but $7.50 and a chance to screw with the carbs.
I siphoned out most of the gas so I only had about a half gallon in the tank, I added the whole bottle of "Start your engine" and let the bike idle in my drive way about 10 minutes. I blipped the throttle a few times and turned it off and let it set while I changed my break pads. I started it back up and let it run for about 10 minutes then headed to the gas station to fill it up, runs great again! It might not work for all but it's worth a shot......

Going to have to hunt this stuff down in Canada.... Might need to hop over to Autozone in Niagara Falls, NY and pick up a couple of bottles to have on hand.

so wonder what it cleared up in your carbs, is there crap in the tank that shotgun didnt get? but sounds interesting this stuff, will have to do some tests with it.

if ya do find any in canada jim let me know where, still no luck up here.

so wonder what it cleared up in your carbs, is there crab in the tank that shotgun didnt get? but sounds interesting this stuff, will have to do some tests with it.

I have emailed the manufacturer about where to buy in Canada. Will see if they come back with anything positive. The upside is I am heading down to Niagara Falls in a couple of weeks and can buy it and bring it home.

ya for sure, you takin the bike down or the pickup to stock up on it.... become the unofficial sales guy in canada lol

so wonder what it cleared up in your carbs, is there crab in the tank that shotgun didnt get? but sounds interesting this stuff, will have to do some tests with it.

I have no idea what it did, I didn't do the shot gun. I figured I would try this first and it worked.... All I know is I'm doing the " I didn't have to screw with the carb dance " :eusa_dance: Good luck!

I have no idea what it did, I didn't do the shot gun. I figured I would try this first and it worked.... All I know is I'm doing the " I didn't have to screw with the carb dance " :eusa_dance: Good luck!

thats always a happy dance isnt it hahah

here is the msds for it...... hey RA warrior you out here? whats the msds for sea foam...... how far apart are these?

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/msds/126434.pdf

ya for sure, you takin the bike down or the pickup to stock up on it.... become the unofficial sales guy in canada lol

If enough guys want it I will become the "unofficial" supplier for Canada. Will have to check the regulations on shipping it though:bang head: Don't want Transport Canada after me for a violation of some sort!!!

hahaha its all legal til you get caught bahahahah

im sure you can fill up a truck with it, can carry i think 2 drums of fuel in your truck no issues so a few hundred bottles of start your engine, what harm could that be, its mostly iso in there which is gas line antifreeze....... tell them well its cold in northern ontario and lines freeze all the time hahahaha

hahaha its all legal til you get caught bahahahah

im sure you can fill up a truck with it, can carry i think 2 drums of fuel in your truck no issues so a few hundred bottles of start your engine, what harm could that be, its mostly iso in there which is gas line antifreeze....... tell them well its cold in northern ontario and lines freeze all the time hahahaha

LOL!!! Will grab a bunch when I go over and then will sell it when I get home. May even just go ahead and claim it at the border. They won't give me the gears, just make me pay my tax on it and be on my way. Once home I will find out who wants it and we can work from therer as to delivery. As I am putting flatslide carbs onto Toxic I might want to keep a bottle or two hanging around the garage just in case:clapping:

Jim,

If you have a TSC near you try them. I heard they had it but I haven't had a chance to check the one in Grimsby.

Dale #2592

Well, after emailing Golden Eagle's marketing department they got back to me to tell me that it is not imported into Canada at this time. Maybe I should get a business license and become their importer:confused2: For now my plan is to go to the US a week from Saturday and get a few bottles for those who are interested. PM me and let me know so I know how many I need to grab.

The TSC near me has it....4oz., $7.99! Probly not ship-able tho....ey? :confused2:

For all the BS you would have to go through to ship it, I am assuming it would have to be shipped as a Hazardous Material, I can pick some up a week from Saturday when I head to Niagara Falls, NY at the local AutoZone. Just have to make sure I declare it when I cross the border, don't want to piss off Customs, again.

im curious about it jim, i'll take two cans and hopefully have time to come for a beer on my way thru tdot to yxy.

Have you down for 2 cans Rov. Will probably just pick up 10 cans and that way if guys want to try it they can, otherwise I will use it as needed:biglaugh:

Back