Carb spitting fuel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First map takes a bit for the pointers to pop up. New England States must be part of California...:rofl_200: There's No Non Ethanol there either.....

OMG, There is, Cali has 3 stations...

We're "worse" than CA....there's something to be proud of :bang head::bang head:

ok i got a kit from sean and did the rebuild it took me two days to get it done and now its worse it was an epic fail

ok anyone got any suggestions that even after a good soak and scrub that it might still be spitting fuel im going to give it another go this coming weekend just wondering what things i should pay more attention to

just about done with the carbs again this time i brought them inside and took my time. i had done a crap job setting the floats to the mold mark on the jet block. this time i broke out the calipers. replaced the floats needles seats and the whole shibang. diaphrams are new as well as the enrichers. tomorrow i install and sync

If you sync with the air box on and it happens to pop back thru the carbs it could blow the air box off one of the carbs. So make sure that air box is still tightly connected to carbs before you take it for a test drive.

no airbox previous owner had done alot to the bike in its 33k miles. what all has been done im not sure. but installing 4 k&n filters and ditching the airbox was one of the upgrades. what was the stock exhaust on my 95. its got a kerker 4into1 on it now.

sucsess !!!!
bike runs and isnt spitting fuel. havnt synced or ridden it yet just had enough daylight to put the carbs back in. did notice a bit of black smoke though is that normal. it was just a small puff here and there also saw a bit of flame at end of exhaust wen revved up

Last edited:
ok it did it again! anyone got any measurements so i can check to see if the float pin is bent the float clears everything while the carb is apart the only thing i can see is that is left is that it it hitting the cover and wedging open

+2...hurts like a bitch....Honda's is the worst. I now wear safety glasses for carb work.

+3. who'd ever thought carb cleaning was a contact sport. :rofl_200:worst off, i thought i outsmarted the carb when positioned it lower in my catch bucket, but when i squirted another hole, the carb diverted the stream back at my ear. don't ask how, it just did, plus it was dark-thirty in the morning.

I have an 02 Vmax, fired it up today, it had been sitting for about 3 weeks. The top vent tube was leaking fuel on the left side, exhaust was grey-black. After searching here and reading a few posts, the float is sticking? what are the chances of this loosing up if I let it run a bit, catching the gas drip with a can? It's cold here today (Ca. cold about 60) Can i hurt anything by doing this? It will be getting a tune-up and tires soon, I am going to repaint the tank and fenders also, but would like to go for a blast before I tear it down. Thanks, Dan

I've had em stick a time or two, usually when they've been left dry for a while. Pretty obvious cause the pump keeps clicking or takes forever to stop clicking.

Giving a sharp whack a time or two to the slide/diaphragm cover made mine stop.

Back