Carb Sync

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbostang

Reaction score
Gonna try and sync my carbs on the weekend using a motion pro kit.
First time I have ever done this, so to those of you ( Shawn Kloker) who have is there anything I should know/look for?

Thanks

Jarrett

Gonna try and sync my carbs on the weekend using a motion pro kit.
First time I have ever done this, so to those of you ( Shawn Kloker) who have is there anything I should know/look for?

Thanks

Jarrett

Well I'm not Shawn but here goes...

#1 remember that the front left carb is not adjustable and you adjust the other 3 to be like it... First warm the bike up real well. Then hook the lines to the nipples under the chrome Y's after removing the nipple covers and small hose on the front left nipple, then start the bike. DO NOT BLIP THE THROTTLE WHILE ATTACHED IF YOU ARE USING A WET MANOMETER...

I set the idle to around 1300 RPM and then check for sync.

If not sync I adjust each phillips screw accordingly until I get it right. You may have to go back and forth a couple times from one side to the other to get it though. The screws can be found right under the carbs as you look at them from the side...

Then reset the idle and remove the manometer and reconnect the one hose on the front left that you removed and the nipple covers...

Easy Peazy lemon squezzy...:clapping:

Doesn't sound too bad - but I'd be totally lost......I wish someone could make a good carb sync video. :worthy:

Yah,You want to sync #1 to #2 first.#2is not adjustable so they all have to be synced to it.After you get them sync #3 to #4.I believe its the screw on the left for this.the screw on the right is for syncing #3 and #4 to #1 and #2.Hang the mercury stick from the handle bars.If you set it down it will suck out the mercury or if you rev it too much.You can rev it some though.I have been using my weber synchrometer for this for about a year and really like it better.I'd like to have four of them instead of moving the one around.

Always blip the throttle after each adjustment to to make sure everthing moved and seated.The little springs and screws are delicate.This is why this needs to be checked and adjusted so often.Flooring it too hard can knock it out.

Did mine yesterday. Hung a piece of tie wire from the roof truss and could see the mercury from both sides of the bike.
I don`t like to jump your thread but I have two questions. They also may help you.
#1 The book says vacuum should be 7.9 inches of merc. Mine balanced out to 8.9inches. Is that good or bad?????

#2 The number 3 carb was not as free flowing as the other three carbs. I had to wait longer for the mercury to stabilize. Everything seems to be tight. Hard to figure!!!!!

Sorry again for jumping your thread but we both may get answers we need.

Regards.

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Carburetor synchro kit in Canada? I know the mercury version is probably not available.

You may want to see what it would cost from University Motors. I'm sure you'll save some.

Mark

I found a place with two styles, mercury and dials. Which do you guys think is the smarter buy. Thanks

Ive got a question. I have a motion pro synchronizer with mercury. Where do the little restrictors that go in the tubes go? Closer to the carbs or closer to the synchronizer? This is the first one Ive ever used and it didnt come with instructions.

Ive got a question. I have a motion pro synchronizer with mercury. Where do the little restrictors that go in the tubes go? Closer to the carbs or closer to the synchronizer? This is the first one Ive ever used and it didnt come with instructions.

Call Motion Pro Inc. at 650 594-9600 and maybe they will fax or email you the instructions. The restrictor goes 3/4 of an inch into the black tube that attaches to the top of the clear tubes on the synchronizer.

www.motionpro.com

Close to the manifold nipples.

Mark

Yep... Right where the tubes attach to the manometer:thumbs up:

It should go closes to manifold hook-up. It's easy to test. Try it closer to the synchrometer. If the gauge is jumpy, turn the hoses around.

Mark

:ummm: Are these completely opposite answers? Maybe I read it wrong, I'm still a little drunk from last nights party. :th_drink:

To be honest with you, it probably doesn't matter at all.

Mine are right above the manometer tubes. Mine aren't jumpy so who knows??

Couldnt find anything on their website. Its no big deal, I'll just try it both ways. Right now I have the restrictors closer to the synchronizer and it seemed like it was a little jumpy. Thanks for everyones help.

Latest posts

Back