carb synchrizer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tkone

Reaction score
was thinking about buying motion pro synchrizer, hard to do? , good and bad.

Motion pro is alright. Kinda sucks playing around with the fluid though. I like the Morgan Carbtune II.

Either way, its a very easy process. Check the carb forum, there is a sticky in there that shows how to synch the carbs step by step. Once you get the hang of it, it will only take a few minutes to do. For as much as the dealer charges to do it, the tool pays for itself in no time at all. Worthwhile investment!

I have a motion pro. I'm quite happy with it. The fluid hasn't given me any trouble, but then I've been careful. It is possible to suck the fluid into the carbs if you have too much vacuum from one carb, the process of tuning them can cause one level to spike/plunge.

Have no experience with any other sync tool so the motion pro might be the worst tool avaiable :)

I do it every month during riding season, but then I have a week off each month and I have to do to fill the time! That's only partly a joke; I've seen it stay perfectly in tune for months and seen it fluctuate wildly in just a few weeks.

how often u check em.

1. If you remove/reinstall the carbs, you should check synch afterwards.
2. The manual recommends every 6 months or 4K miles. Most guys that have the tool do it more often. I typically do it the beginning of the season and once a month until the bike is put away for winter.

I can probably sell you a Motion Pro (since we are a dealer) but I tend to steer the guys to the Morgan Carbtune units.

http://www.carbtune.com/

I use a more expensive unit myself but it's not needed for most home guys.

Sean

I love my Morgan carbtune. Synching the carbs is so ez with it. Search the forum for more opinions on the Morgan, motion pro, etc. I synch every month, and every remount.

Sent from my Tapatalking Hercules Android

Ok. I'll be ready to sync hopefully by Monday and I'm wondering if I should wait for a carbtune or try the 36" DIY tubes-and-a-board method. There's obviously a huge difference in cost, but I've also been reading that a tranny fluid DIY unit can be more accurate because of the length even though it's not mercury.

Ok. I'll be ready to sync hopefully by Monday and I'm wondering if I should wait for a carbtune or try the 36" DIY tubes-and-a-board method. There's obviously a huge difference in cost, but I've also been reading that a tranny fluid DIY unit can be more accurate because of the length even though it's not mercury.
I've heard only good things 'bout the DIY setup. The benefit-to-cost ratio, IMHO, is nothing to sneeze at. If you're itchin to synch and can't wait the one to two weeks it would take for the carbtune to find its way across the Pond, I'd say go for it and build yourself one. For me, though, I like the compactness of an off-the-shelf unit--I don't have the wall space to store a DIY or the patience to build one.

Sweet, I love buying tubes. I'll be sure to post pics in my resurrection thread when I post it on here. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I made a DIY unit and used it a couple times, then bought a Motion Pro. I like how compact the off the shelf unit is, but they both worked well.

blarg, they (stealership) told me they couldn't get the one with mercury cuz it was a hazardous substance and it was on the 'no-fly-list' here in Alaska.

Come to think about it they also told me carb boots weren't being made anymore, that I should try looking on Ebay for someone parting out an old bike. Jeez I was newb when i first got this thing...

i like my motion pro with mercury. makes an excellent snack too when you're done.

^ I agree 100%, the Carbtune II is compact and Extremely easy to use.
I'm sure the Current Version Carbtune Pro is just as good if not better.
I've had my Carbtune II for years now and it has always worked perfectly.
I use it in the Spring and again anytime I feel I need to, it only takes 15-20 Minutes total time to Warm up the Bike and Sync the Carbs.
Well worth the $100 I spent on it (most shops would charge you almost that to sync the carbs once).

I have a Motion pro with the blue fluid in it and I think it's a piece of shit. I always get air bubbles in it and it's a bitch to clear them out.

Made a home made one and it works good - I call it the "Frankinsync" - it has tranny fluid in it so it looks like the Vmax is on an I.V. when it's installed.

Mike

i like my motion pro with mercury. makes an excellent snack too when you're done.

I know someone that chased that mercury stuff all over the kitchen floor. It's not that easy to pick up either. I have a friend....good thing Tina was out
rofl_200.gif
It worked well when it had mercury in it. I love my new carb tune now.
Steve

Motion pro is alright. Kinda sucks playing around with the fluid though. I like the Morgan Carbtune II.

Either way, its a very easy process. Check the carb forum, there is a sticky in there that shows how to synch the carbs step by step. Once you get the hang of it, it will only take a few minutes to do. For as much as the dealer charges to do it, the tool pays for itself in no time at all. Worthwhile investment!

the dealer quoted me, " At least $100 " to tune the carbs.

Back