carb vent tube routing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob1956

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture that shows vent tube routing from the carbs to the bracket on the side of the airbox where they slip on? Do they go in between the frame and the airbox or do they go on the outside of the frame? I have a 1995 airbox that I am putting on my 1985 vmax. No matter how I route the tubes, they don"t seem to be quite long enough.

they go inside the frame, under the back corners of the airbox, but before the route up, they stay within the inside edge of the carb openings if that makes sense.

There's a couple pictures mixed in my stuff here. They are in my posts after half way down the page.
Don't know if they will be clear enough to clarify though.

1 is top of the carbs view before I replaced them. 1st shot from left near the middle of the page.
The other is the left picture of the last post on the page, a right side view with air box in place......
Hope this helps some... There's a notch on the rear of the air box, 1 left of center and one right of
center. the hoses pass through this area so they won't get pinched...

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=15009

Last edited:
Courtesey of Mark.

IMG021.jpg

IMG022.jpg

check out this thread for more pics!
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3570

Does anyone have a picture that shows vent tube routing from the carbs to the bracket on the side of the airbox where they slip on? Do they go in between the frame and the airbox or do they go on the outside of the frame? I have a 1995 airbox that I am putting on my 1985 vmax. No matter how I route the tubes, they don"t seem to be quite long enough.

Doesn't your tubing bolt onto the carb covers?....mine does for the '85.
If you use the tube from the box...should reach, if useing the originals,,,will be too short.

Back