Check this VMAX out!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Let the games begin!!!!

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3943747406.html

93 VMAX 1200 (Akron)

00v0v_iUTF2PBByX0_600x450.jpg

Modded out VMAX 1200
Double barrel holly carb with car scoop
Harley Davison drag pipes worth 1100bucks
Harley bars and grips
New tires
Fresh tune up
This bike will turn heads everywhere you go sounds very good and runs like a champ pushing about 140hp
It's a must see
Gas tank is under seat so the scoop is real and works just like a car
I know what it's all worth so no lowballs 3000 or trade for jeep or truck
3308146002 text

Think I'll pass too...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Priceless, all those Hardly bolt-on's have to add 20 HP! At least! :ummm:
Or could be a few of his buckeye nuts are loose in his noggin!:rofl_200:

Sheer genius! Offer $2400, then use your extra parts to convert it back to stock, or, mount a supercharger, they use a Holley! (At-least one does.)

So he goes from a stock 4 carb set up to a "double barrel" carb? Sounds like he cut the nuts off that bull to me....

In the 1970's there were a few guys who installed two-barrel carbs on their inline-4's, looking to ease the pull of four carb cables the early systems used. It also made for easier tuning, 1 instead-of 4. The unequal length manifolds didn't really work as-well as you would hope.

Right-now I have an acquaintance, a South African fellow, who is a body man. He bought an elderly Gold Wing in good shape, stripped it to its elemental pieces, fabricated a carbon-fiber seat/sidecover/"tank" and has two 40 mm Weber DCOE's to slap onto it, brand new. When he's done, he will have a unique ride. He has a VFR-750 he was thinking about using the front end off-of, but I don't know if he's gonna. I have heard a Weber-equipped Gold Wing, it sounds like an Alfa Romeo.

The first shot is a Gold Wing of a different build. Peek-under the bodywork, what do you see? One of the first things we saw at Daytona this past Bike Week 2013.

The second is a foam buck doing its job for fabbing my friend's Gold Wing body.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0904.jpg
    IMG_0904.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 46
Back in the day, putting a 4bbl on a wing was a popular mod. I almost done it to my Aspencade.

No doubt that Vmax turns heads, but I'm thinking it's for all the wrong reasons.
Not my cup of tea, that's for sure.

I've seen a couple Maxxes with a 4-Barrel carb , custom intake and a small scoop for " ram-air ". 4-Barrel sounds good on full open , but never saw one run right. Both of them coughed a lot and one back fired something awful. Why mess with what Yamawho engineered and spent the big bucks on ? I know , I know , we can't leave well enough alone. It MIGHT go a bit faster !!! :rofl_200:

Let the games begin!!!!

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3943747406.html

93 VMAX 1200 (Akron)

00v0v_iUTF2PBByX0_600x450.jpg

Modded out VMAX 1200
Double barrel holly carb with car scoop
Harley Davison drag pipes worth 1100bucks
Harley bars and grips
New tires
Fresh tune up
This bike will turn heads everywhere you go sounds very good and runs like a champ pushing about 140hp
It's a must see
Gas tank is under seat so the scoop is real and works just like a car
I know what it's all worth so no lowballs 3000 or trade for jeep or truck
3308146002 text

TRULY AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!

What a Fu**wit with no taste can do to a once lovely motorcycle.:bang head:

Ah well, each to their own I suppose :confused2:

Buy it cheap cause it's ugly & return it to stock dignity.

TRULY AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!

What a Fu**wit with no taste can do to a once lovely motorcycle.:bang head:

Ah well, each to their own I suppose :confused2:

I saw a Honda "750 Super Deere" at the garden tractor pulls back in the early 80's. It was a JD 214 garden tractor with a Honda 750 engine mounted. He had a big Rochester 4bbl feeding it. It screamed like a beotch on the dirt track, and kept breaking rearends under it.

Back