• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Checking interests

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I might be putting on a later USD fork set up on my bike if it works out I want to go radial brakes. With that being said I would be selling off my 88' front end. Would come with: progressive springs, lowered 1 1/2", chromed lower tubes, chromed triples and chromed billet fork brace with bio hazard symbol for sure. If I go with the radial calipers and my wave rotors do not fit the new front end. I will also be selling the wave rotors and the hayabusa calipers. I am not sure if I would be needing any of the other items from the original front end. If interested shoot me a message.

Thanks G

Last edited:
I might be interested. That would really look good with all the chrome I have on my 93. Just don't know. Do you have an idea on a price

I might be interested. That would really look good with all the chrome I have on my 93. Just don't know. Do you have an idea on a price

I think your out of luck.... If I am correct they will only fit up to a 92'. Please someone confirm this.

G

They interchange if the triple trees are included. If you included the brake calipers and rotors (298mm) it would be a bolt on switch. I haven't heard of anyone switching from a '93 -> newer to a pre - '93 setup but IMO there is hardly any (if any at all!) noticeable difference in performance between the two.

They interchange if the triple trees are included. If you included the brake calipers and rotors (298mm) it would be a bolt on switch. I haven't heard of anyone switching from a '93 -> newer to a pre - '93 setup but IMO there is hardly any (if any at all!) noticeable difference in performance between the two.

Redbone your an ass..... I open up your response and wtf do I get.... Loss of concentration:bang head: damn your mean. :biglaugh: enjoyed it 100%

G

(After regaining my concentration 10 min later)
Oh btw depending on what front end I go with. I might let the galfer wave rotors and the hayabusa caliper conversion go with the set up... G

Redbone your an ass..... I open up your response and wtf do I get.... Loss of concentration:bang head: damn your mean. :biglaugh: enjoyed it 100%

G

(After regaining my concentration 10 min later)
Oh btw depending on what front end I go with. I might let the galfer wave rotors and the hayabusa caliper conversion go with the set up... G

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::th_signs54:
Way to pull it together just in time, I was about to send in the Paramedic!
Gannons Paramedic.jpg

I did this swap on my 94, I did it because it enabled me to run a Busa caliper and it's 3lbs lighter than my stock set of forks. I rebuilt the 92 forks I got with progressive springs and 1" lowering and put brand new head bearings in while I was in there. I haven't noticed any ill effects on handling but I did radials and solid mounts at the same time so probably hard to judge.

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::th_signs54:
Way to pull it together just in time, I was about to send in the Paramedic!
View attachment 44902

Must be still trying to pull it together, having a hard time focusing. Cannot see her name so I am still in a daze. :stretche:

G

You may need the fender brace but not sure depending on the bracket we have for the inverted.

Back