Chinese rotor question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bayoublaster

Reaction score
I know some of you guys have already tried the Chinese rotors and seem to be having good success with them so I checked out *bay and here"s what I found as descibed in the ad:

FITMENT:
R1 98-03
R6 99-02
FJR 1300
FZ1/FAZER 1000 -05
TDM 900
THUNDERACE 1000
THUNDERCAT 600
V-MAX 93+
XJ 600 98- DIVERSION
XJR 1300
BULLDOG
DISC TYPE: SEMI FLOATING

DISC THICKNESS: 5MM

DIAMETER OUTER: 298MM

BOLT PATTERN: 150MM

The seller is going by the name: 020lucky2018

My questions are 1) is semi-floating correct for the busa setup with the thickness being 5mm and diameter of 298 and 2) since I have a 85 model, are there any similar rotors I can put on the stock rear caliper that would be similiar in looks? I don't need to change the rear caliper as I can lock the rear as it is, but the rear rotor has seen better days and I have to change it anyway. The cost of just the factory rotor goes for around $260 + shipping. I can get a busa caliper for the rear for around $60 and order an additional chinese rotor to my order for $65 and then add in the cost of Sean's adapters (that's provided he makes one for the rear busa claiper ?)
I'll probably come out ahead just going with busa calipers all the way around. Has anyone here mounted a busa caliper on the rear yet? I've seen plenty of mounts on the front. Thanks.

I know some of you guys have already tried the Chinese rotors and seem to be having good success with them so I checked out *bay and here"s what I found as descibed in the ad:

FITMENT:
R1 98-03
R6 99-02
FJR 1300
FZ1/FAZER 1000 -05
TDM 900
THUNDERACE 1000
THUNDERCAT 600
V-MAX 93+
XJ 600 98- DIVERSION
XJR 1300
BULLDOG
DISC TYPE: SEMI FLOATING

DISC THICKNESS: 5MM

DIAMETER OUTER: 298MM

BOLT PATTERN: 150MM

The seller is going by the name: 020lucky2018

My questions are 1) is semi-floating correct for the busa setup with the thickness being 5mm and diameter of 298 and 2) since I have a 85 model, are there any similar rotors I can put on the stock rear caliper that would be similiar in looks? I don't need to change the rear caliper as I can lock the rear as it is, but the rear rotor has seen better days and I have to change it anyway. The cost of just the factory rotor goes for around $260 + shipping. I can get a busa caliper for the rear for around $60 and order an additional chinese rotor to my order for $65 and then add in the cost of Sean's adapters (that's provided he makes one for the rear busa claiper ?)
I'll probably come out ahead just going with busa calipers all the way around. Has anyone here mounted a busa caliper on the rear yet? I've seen plenty of mounts on the front. Thanks.

sean sells jedi's adapters where you can make the stock rear caliper fit a 298mm rotor.

Those rotors should work fine. I'm not familiar with that seller though.

As far as the back wheel, you can mount one of those rotors and retain the OEM rear calipers if you use on of Jedi's caliper adapters. Sean sells them for a pretty decent price.

I believe someone did try the busa rotor out back. Not sure how it worked out. I'm thinking yukonerdave. Maybe search under his username

I think I deleted the pictures of my bike's rear rotors, but here is Brian's so you can get an Idea of what the adapter looks like.
The guy I bought them from is: http://stores.ebay.com/tobyhuang2006?_trksid=p4340.l2563
I figure over 3500 feedback with 100%, ya can't go wrong. He has great prices and fast shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpg
    IMG_0134.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 39
speaking of rotors, has anyone seen the ones that jim had on toxic on ebay lately?

I have a Chinese rear rotor, it looks great and is of great quality @ a fraction of the stock rear rotor.

Attachments

• Chinese Rear rotor 007 (800 x 600).jpg
    Chinese Rear rotor 007 (800 x 600).jpg
    89 KB · Views: 54
  • Chinese Rear rotor 008 (800 x 600).jpg
    Chinese Rear rotor 008 (800 x 600).jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 57
I think I deleted the pictures of my bike's rear rotors, but here is Brian's so you can get an Idea of what the adapter looks like.
The guy I bought them from is: http://stores.ebay.com/tobyhuang2006?_trksid=p4340.l2563
I figure over 3500 feedback with 100%, ya can't go wrong. He has great prices and fast shipping

Are the adapters only necessary for the Pre '93 vmaxs? I now they had smaller rotors, right? If I bough those from him for front and back, they should just fit fine on a '93 or newer model.

Are the adapters only necessary for the Pre '93 vmaxs? I now they had smaller rotors, right? If I bough those from him for front and back, they should just fit fine on a '93 or newer model.

They will work fine on 93+ front forks.
All vmaxes 85-07 will need an adaptor to use one of those rotors on the rear

+1
Your going to need the adaptor for the rear. They'll bolt on in the front on the Gen 1b models but require the adaptors for the rear. You'll need adaptors all around for the Gen 1a V max's
Best thing I've done to the bike IMO. With the stock front and rear brakes and decent pads, I can lock up either front or rear.

Attachments

• Vmax.jpg
    Vmax.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back