How many of you are running China/Hong Kong brake rotors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTwistedNomad

Reaction score
Hey all, I am in need of a new rear rotor but was thinking to just bite the bullet and replace all 3 at the same time just to keep them all at the same wear level. How many of you run the China/ Hong Kong rotors like these:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Front-Brake-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item58bbea4040&vxp=mtr

Please let me know your opinions so I can make an informed choice, I don't have a lot of cash but I don't want to mess around with crap rotors at the same time. Thanks.

Twisted

I'm running those exact rotor's all three, Have run them about a season and a half with no probs, actually get a lot of compliment's, they look cool no complaint's here.

I have the same rotors up front and on the rear. Had them on for about 2 years now. No issues.

There is a small bracket to where you can run a front rotor on the rear, and that way all of them match.

Attachments

• user8061_pic8978_1396283860.jpg
    user8061_pic8978_1396283860.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 59
I have run them since 2009, first all three were floating wavy rotors but I put on a non floating on the rear in 2012 when I added Carrozzeria wheels. I've run EBC HH pads the entire time using the stock calipers the first year on the front which I upgraded to Tokico 6 pot calipers (from a 2004 Hayabusa) in 2010. The rear remained a stock caliper until I added the Carrozzeria wheels/ non floating rear rotor to which I bolted on a R1 4 pot caliper, again with EBC HH pads.
I would purchase them again as I've had great results with them. They perform well and with the HH pads my front brake has been easy to modulate with two fingers using the stock Vmax masters.

I have over 35,000 miles on a the front and back chinese rotors with no major issues. To me, they are well worth it.

Mike

Awesome, that is the kind of feedback I was hoping for. I am never really keen on ordering things from over seas as it is hard to return it if needed and also some of the horror stories I have heard about receiving something completely different than what you ordered. (my wife got a mickey mouse plastic bag instead of a pair of boots) I will make sure that the ebay seller is highly rated. Thanks all. Another question I would have is how many of you are running the Chinese clutch / brake levers?

For me chinese masters is a no no. Nothing to do with rotors. The arashi rotors are of good quality.

I've had chinese rotors for 2 years. I think they look good, and I've had no issues.

Have set I install about month 2 weeks. Seems to be well made. I like the black powder coat strip around the rotors.

Attachments

• Picture 392.jpg
    Picture 392.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 37
I have the same ones as James and like them. I've put 20k on them and they're still good.

sdt354, I took a peak at your picture folder and seen the rotors on your sweet looking vmax you have. And copy off of you. - i hope you did not mind :punk:

Just measured mine after 10k and both disks straight in 0.05-0.10mm tolerance. No visible wear etc.

sdt354, I took a peak at your picture folder and seen the rotors on your sweet looking vmax you have. And copy off of you. - i hope you did not mind :punk:
I'm sure I copied someone else.
biglaugh.gif
And thanks.

Back