CL scam

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't thinks its not so much of a scam, but someone trying to screw with Karen Murray by getting her email spammed out.

there's a sweet 07 for sale up here, he's asking 8000 cdn for it, im sure that's negotiable

I don't thinks its not so much of a scam, but someone trying to screw with Karen Murray by getting her email spammed out.
I wrote her about the `09 maxand got a response that said that the delivery cost from Alabama was included in the $2,800.00 price of the bike But, what got me was, was the fact that I live in Ontario california and that would make the bike practicaly free!!!
so, I just wrote it off as a scam and never wrote her back about it,
<<Dave>>:punk:

I wrote her about the `09 maxand got a response that said that the delivery cost from Alabama was included in the $2,800.00 price of the bike But, what got me was, was the fact that I live in Ontario california and that would make the bike practicaly free!!!
so, I just wrote it off as a scam and never wrote her back about it,
<<Dave>>:punk:

That is the scam. They claim they will send it by their "delivery" company and usually want to be paid by Western Union. Once they get your money you will never see the bike or your money. Also you can't go see the bike, as it is always in some other location.

i responded and was told to put money in to a ebay account and it would be deliverd from al but i said i would go to see it in person in al and was then told it was in co im in wi:ummm:what a scam

On a couple of occasions I have seen these and I always email them and tell them that I need to see a copy of a valid ownership for customs so I can import the bike. Amazingly enough I never get a reply and the ad always disappears shortly thereafter. Hell I even got a NASTY response from some idiot telling me to stop reporting his ads. Told him that I would stop reporting when he stopped scamming. Again silence LOL.

Notice the gigantic banner at the top of craigslist cars for sale page? "OFFERS TO SHIP CARS ARE 100% FRAUDULENT" It applies to bikes too.

Nobody in their right mind would sell a Gen II for that price. Too good to be true? It probably is.

I am still hunting about 5 or 6 states on cl for a max, and have seen the same pics and ad, info and contacts, listed as being from several towns in several states and have flagged it several times.:punk:

hey i have fun with these guys till almost the very end then tell them they wil be meeting bubba soon and bring some lube
mark

CL is the worst when it comes to scams... My buddy almost got taken by one of them.

Chris

This is a scam. posted here in minneapolis. they say they want to complete the transaction through ebay for your safety. making you think you have proteection due to the ebay aoutomotive protection deal. which you do get the ebay protection only if the auto is posted for sale on ebay not just depositing money into an ebay account.
i found a truck she supposedly was selling back a few months ago. and recognised her email when she had the max posted. so i decide to email her to see what see had to say. here is her reply

Hello,
I'm sorry for the late reply but I had some issues with my laptop and I couldn't get online to check my email. I still have the bike available for sale if you still want it... The bike I'm selling is in excellent condition, no damage, no engine problems, garage kept and has a clean title.
The selling price for the bike is $2,800.00 with all the delivery and handling costs included (the bike is priced for a quick sale). I want to tell you that I am not selling this bike for profit or due a lack of money. All I can say is that some recent events in my life made me change my perception of certain things, things that I?ve considered important in the past. I will donate all the money to charity after I sell this bike. I am currently on a trip for UNICEF. I don?t want to offend you but the bike is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply. I want to be sure that we do this transaction in the safest mode possible for both of us. I recommend we do the transaction using eBay because they offer the highest rate of safety and reliability during online transactions. I've already included the bike into the eBay's Vehicle Purchase Protection Program, so I will only sell it through eBay. If you want to buy the bike and you agree with my terms please reply so I can give you a detailed description of the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program.
Will wait to hear from you.
Thank you, Karen Murray

PS: If you need details and pictures of the bike please let me know so I can send them to you

can someone delete this thread, i tried to change the name but it only changed the name in my first post. im going to start another (Craigs List deals/scams)

Back