coatings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, planning on doing a frame up paint/cleanup job on mine in the next couple years and I am making a note to send my Marks 4:2 to these guys. Definitely let us know how they held up at the end of next riding season and how easy they were to wipe down, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

my cans were polished by mark when I bought it, he only charged an extra $40 and they look just as good as the pipes now. definitely happy with the results, keep you guys updated on how they hold up over time,...

where they clamp together does it rub the coating bill?

I guess it would depend on the thickness of the coating...I'm going to PC mine and will tape off the junctions with just a bit of overlap to ensure a clean look when put together...

I didn't get a chance to put them back on the bike yet.
I would imagine it would where they slide into each other, you think that will be a problem?

when i did mine i ran into that, where the male/female connections went together the male's coating got all rubbed off.

i wish i could word that better, hah, but i can't.

I know what your talking about. I wouldn't say the ceramic on mine rubbed off, but it definitely scuffed at the joints. As long as you are careful and don't over insert any of the pipes by too much, you won't see it when its all together.

I know what your talking about. I wouldn't say the ceramic on mine rubbed off, but it definitely scuffed at the joints. As long as you are careful and don't over insert any of the pipes by too much, you won't see it when its all together.

That's what I was thinking too Mike, Just need to be careful and it should be fine.

Wow, those look great Bill, I'll have to see what they want to do my 4-1 Kerker. My can is already chrome so that won't need done but that definetly looks great!!!

Nice, thanks Bill. I've got to consider this.
Steve

Steve I'm interested in doing my Y pipe. Mabee we can send them together and split the shipping. I'm having my cans polished as we speak. The guy across the street from my fathers garage has an industrial polisher. I'll show you them when they are done. Would like to get the any pipe coated black to match the headers. Wish I would have had mark coat those like the headers. They are 3 years old and look like they did when we installed them. Let me know is you want to send them out together. :punk:

Back