cobra slip ons....any good?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to Cobra's website. They have sound clips there. :eusa_dance:
What is the website? I hope i am referring to the right Cobra slip ons (not the slash cut). I mean the dual can set up from exactrep (Part number 56 half way down the page in their 'exhaust' section under Vmax):

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html

[SIZE=+1]'COBRA' 4 - 2 Slip with Oval Aluminium Silencers[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](Reference #56 O)
[/SIZE]

What is the website? I hope i am referring to the right Cobra slip ons (not the slash cut). I mean the dual can set up from exactrep (Part number 56 half way down the page in their 'exhaust' section under Vmax):

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/index.html

[SIZE=+1]'COBRA' 4 - 2 Slip with Oval Aluminium Silencers[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](Reference #56 O)[/SIZE]

That changes things a bunch....I don't know a thing about those.....:confused2:

All good Kaboom.
I like the sound of the quadzilla slash cuts by UFO. But think the cops would hassle me over here with those on the Max. My mate has a 4-4 Esper exhaust set up which is awesome. I was thinking maybe a set of sidewinders if not those Cobra cans. There is a vid on youtube of some sidewinders which sound pretty sweet. Kerker sounds damn good too, but i want to keep the dual exhaust

For what its worth, my bike, when I purchased it used, had the cobra exhaust on the bike. I then swapped out them for a set of DW Holeshots which I like very much. To be honest I think the cobras look better on the bike for some reason and thats just my personal taste. The Holeshots are very nice as well and sound great and install was no issue and Dale is great to deal with. Bike pulls very hard now so not sure if the performance upgrade was either that the previous owner didnt jet the bike correctly with the Cobras or if its the Holeshot exhaust alone. I will say that the PO had the bike way to rich with a stage one jet kit in it , plugs and exhaust had every sign of running rich. I spent a good deal of time ironing out the carb settins with the Holeshot exhaust.
NJ just passed a no more inspection thing now for bikes and I'd have to admit I sometimes wonder how the UFO exhaust would be but I unfortunately hear alot of negative feedback on here that keeps me from even trying UFO. I'm going to do a video by request of my friend in Georgia that wants to hear the Holeshots..I'll post a link to it once I get it on youtube or facebook. I really like the sound when the bike is at idle and when I get on the throttle. Only problem is that I really cant get a good idea what it sounds like while on the bike and my other friend who rides is too intimidated to get on the max and do a few drive bys so I can hear what other people hear when I'm riding past them :)

Hey Tulga. Man those pipes sound AWESOME! Must sound awesome to ride it! They are at a good price as well! Did you need to rejet your bike or adjust the original carb set up?
My only problem would be neighbours. Are they as loud as a harley set up? Or a but quieter?

Hey Auggie. Definitely good to hear your holeshot set up!
I did knock a hole in the standard exhaust down the middle on each pipe, it has made it deeper, but still way to quiet. I always stand by the old saying that 'moisy valves save lives"

All good Kaboom.
I like the sound of the quadzilla slash cuts by UFO. But think the cops would hassle me over here with those on the Max. My mate has a 4-4 Esper exhaust set up which is awesome. I was thinking maybe a set of sidewinders if not those Cobra cans. There is a vid on youtube of some sidewinders which sound pretty sweet. Kerker sounds damn good too, but i want to keep the dual exhaust

Where did your mate get those Esper 4-4's? I would love to have a set of those bad boys!

I have Supertrapps.....They sound good but the Cobras look better....If I can find a set of Cobras cheap enough I am going to try them out....

Unfortunately....I was exposed to the sound of a Kerker with a 2.5 inch race baffle at the 2010 Brownie Run.....Everything sounds like absolute CRAP in comparison.....just my opinion....

I would be interseted in your supertraps if you get a set of cobra's shoot me a personal message if you do.
Steve

Hey Tulga. Man those pipes sound AWESOME! Must sound awesome to ride it! They are at a good price as well! Did you need to rejet your bike or adjust the original carb set up?
My only problem would be neighbours. Are they as loud as a harley set up? Or a but quieter?

Hey Auggie. Definitely good to hear your holeshot set up!
I did knock a hole in the standard exhaust down the middle on each pipe, it has made it deeper, but still way to quiet. I always stand by the old saying that 'moisy valves save lives"

no they are not loud at all, good idle and nice rumble at cruise. like i said sounds way better in real life vs that video. nice mellow sound not annoying like a HD. your neighbors will be fine with it:punk:

The carbs was never touched and i know everyone says it will be rich and to lean it out. I havent bothered at all, the plugs are like new every year, i get 40 to 43 mpg at 73-85mph i am at 2300ft so you think it would be worse but it runs like a top. maybe if i leaned it out it would be better but why bother if its running good. Not sure on the power loss as ive never driven a stock one to compare and i bought this bike with the pipes on it.

the marks sound awesome and for sure will make more power.......been thinking one day to get a set but just love the look of the cobra's too much

I have a set of cobra slip ons that came with my bike. Took them off & put stock back on. To loud for me. $300 for anybody that is interested. Larry

Latest posts

Back