Coils, Leads and Plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcmem8

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have been searching the "net" for 2 hours trying to find some plug leads for my 88-VMax, does anyone know a website I can go to and also what is a good brand?

Also I have a small crack in 3 of the coils, I put a sealant on the 2 rear ones already will this be ok?

The bike gets wet when I park it at work (rainy days) I know I should buy a cover but I just want to fix this problem besides I like riding in the rain.

So yeah anyone know where I can get leads and coils if I need them and is there a prefered plug?
Thanks lads :biglaugh:

Switch to COPs (coil over plugs) they will cost you the same or less that replacing the stock junk, weight less and deliver better/faster spark.

There's lots of info about the conversion on here...otherwise silicon those cracks and run Taylor 8mm silicon wires off a car.

There is no advantage to the COP conversion. Waste of time and money. Spark is spark and the stock setup is fine. Just repair what you have.

There is no advantage to the COP conversion. Waste of time and money. Spark is spark and the stock setup is fine. Just repair what you have.

I want to say " do you have COP's on your bike? " If not let the people have them speak for them.

G

Stock NGK Plugs work well. Buy them at the auto parts store, not the bike shop.
As long as your coils work, they work. I would seal the cracks with epoxy
Regular, cheapo plug wire is fine. Just basic copper wire. 7mm will be easier to fit into the coils. 8mm can work though

Yeah? Price replacing the stock half ton of shit they call coils and then look up what a set of COPs costs... You're wrong. But beyond that I'm sure sombody getting paid alot more than me to design the stuff did lots of R&D before deciding every sport bike to leave a show room these days would do it wearing coil overs so my bet is on new tech. If nothing else they don't split down the bottum after 30k miles.

But to each his own...all opinions respected

And yes the 8mm are a PAIN to force into the spark plug boots.

The 8mm only have thicker shielding so not like it's a performance benefit. Besides, most 8mm have a carbon or other kind of core and not the copper core of stock. There is a reason copper is used for about every electrical transfer cable ever made. It works and works well!

The cops have taken that one step further and put the spark device directly over the plug and eliminated the wire. It's a smaller more convenient package though the power benefits may not show huge gains it's still newer technology.

Sean

Thanks guys, so where do I get these COPS ? Its actually cheaper for me to buy from the USA and have it posted here to me in AUS.
Cheers

Hi Gannon I tried to send you a PM but its telling me your inbox is full and you need to delete some old messages. :confused2:
Jared

Gannon

Did you receive payment the other day?

Tom

Yes I have them all packaged and ready to ship. I was hoping to get them shipped off today. As of yet I don't think it will happen. They will ship for sure on the 5th

Thanks for your order
Gannon

Back