Colour of the 1985 V-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jh189

Reaction score
i there,
does anybody know the colour or colour code of the 1985 ( first V-max)

for my understanding in this year all bikes were delivered in marron red!?

thanks, karl

Re: Coloure of the 1985 V-max

From the Yamaha Parts House website. I made up a list from their website for all years but it is in Word and won't upload.

1985 Deep Scarlet 00KU DPS and Dark Amethyst 00KW DA, which is a bluish purple I believe, Captain Kyle just painted an '85 this color.

'85's were also a maroon.

My '85 is original and is black with big square blinkers instead of the round ones.
...never seen the square blinkers before!

My 85 has been painted, however under the faux tank it is a maroon colour

They were maroon & also A puplish blue. I think it was called amethist. I never could find an exact code. I tried to match mine the best I could off the underside of the faux cover but I am sure it was off but it looks great.

Why not contact Colorite and get some of their dark amythest and then have your local jobber match that. Maybe Colorite will give you their paint code though I doubt it. First Max I ever laid eyes on was the dark amythest. Been in love ever since!

Yeah, but the red ones were the fastest ones!

That was the case in my home town back then too.

Small town of 8800 peeps. Five(5) 1985 Vmaxes! That's right - 5 VMAXES in a town of 8800 people. Four reds, one amethyst. My red one was the fastest of the five.

I was the first person to own a Vmax in that town, and everyone else was so awe-struck by it's beauty and performance, they all had to go out and find one for their own.

could someone put a pic on here of the dark amethest?i'd like to see one.my 86 is the sparkle maroon as listed from the factory and i swear i've had more people call it purple than i care to have.lol..i love my color though.friend of mine has an 85 thats the red color and my brother just bought the 85 i mentioned a few days ago and put pics up of but its been repainted a custom scheme.the guy he bought it from(who was the original owner)said his rear fender cracked at the mounting bolt hole so he prdered a new one from yamaha that was supposed to match the bike but it of course didnt so he went with a new paint job instead .heres a pic of mine now tell me,does it look purple at all?i dont think so

Attachments

• phone pics as of 7-30-11 all 831.jpg
    phone pics as of 7-30-11 all 831.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 54
I'm new here and this is my very first post. I've had my '85 since 1996 and although I don't know the color codes off the top of my head, the 'official' color names were Deep Scarlett and Dark Amethyst. Mine is of the Scarlett variety. I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I do know it's a three part paint and you buy it by the pint directly from Yamaha.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo is right. Good catch. Title caught my interest and the category went right by me. I want my first love on my bike. No not her, the purple color!
Whoever posted the purple bike pic, I think that is it but the picture is too small for me to blow up on my cell but I think you may have the elusive purple!

Back