Converting to chain final drive???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomicjoe23

Reaction score
I am new to the V-Max forum, but I am interested in using a V-Max engine for a project that I am getting ready to start. . .

My question is. . .how difficult would it be (or would it even be possible) to convert the V-Max engine to chain final drive?

Thanks for helping a newb out.

There a several engine builders who will convert a Max engine to chain drive (PCW Racing, Mad Max, to name two). Check around and I am sure you can get one made for you.

I found the PCW Racing website. . .$849 seems a little steep to me, but then again I don't currently have a V-Max engine so I don't know exactly how much is involved.

Couldn't find a link to MadMax to look at their conversion. . .anyone hook me up with a link to it.

Thanks again!

I have a few chain drive setups too. I have one 1570 bare block that is sleeved and machined for the chain drive (has trans too). I also have a complete 1500 chaindrive that ran 8.30's @ 160mph with NOS if you are interested.

I have a couple of other chain drive setups that would allow for a much wider tire too.

Sean
[email protected]

There a several engine builders who will convert a Max engine to chain drive (PCW Racing, Mad Max, to name two). Check around and I am sure you can get one made for you.

Watch out for the conversions that you will have to remove the motor and split the cases to change the front sprocket! They are out there now!

Back