COPs Mod - Need Stock Coil Wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
I am going to do the COPs mod but want to use the stock coil connectors instead of individual added-on connectors. Anyone have a bad set of coils or the 4 connectors? Don't need the coils, just the connectors and the wiring to the coil.

I know this is a long shot, but if you have these items and want to sell, please PM. Thanks.....

i bet mike from pittsburgh or KJ will send you a link where to get those connectors. they're full of stuff like that, i remember they went around at one point.

sean may have extras too?

Check out post #3 in this thread by Kevin (Ksnick), you can pick up the connectors from Eastern Beaver.

Unfortunately I was unable to find the info on the Eastern Beaver web site using the link provided and by searching the site manually. The link in the original post does not go to the place described in the post. Must have been a change on the site since the post.

Thanks for the info but still looking for those connectors... :confused2:

Bill, I believe that the correct connectors are these: Sumitomo LOCK Type .250" Connectors

Sumitomo LOCK Type .250" Connectors
Fits wires from .75mm - 2mm (18 - 14 AWG).
Click below to buy:
Connector Set 2P250-L $3.29/set

They are located 2/3 the way down the page, sorry I cannot link directly to the connector.

Bill, I believe that the correct connectors are these: Sumitomo LOCK Type .250" Connectors

Sumitomo LOCK Type .250" Connectors
Fits wires from .75mm - 2mm (18 - 14 AWG).
Click below to buy:
Connector Set 2P250-L $3.29/set

They are located 2/3 the way down the page, sorry I cannot link directly to the connector.

Brian,

Thanks for the info. So these will fit the connectors that the coils slip into? All I have to do is wire these to the COPs and they will hook directly into the Max harness? If so, that is great news. Thanks again...

Brian,

Thanks for the info. So these will fit the connectors that the coils slip into? All I have to do is wire these to the COPs and they will hook directly into the Max harness? If so, that is great news. Thanks again...
I have not done this myself but it appears that Kevin has used these connectors. I am going to order these myself to clean up the connectors on my bike this winter. If you want to be sure I'd PM Kevin to ask what his experiance is with them to be sure.
I'm like you since my stock coils were pristine (no cracks) I didn't want to cut the connectors off them.

Here is the link again of the connectors that I used. I think they did change there website since I posted the link last.
http://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec__Products/Terminals/Open_Barrel/receptacopen_barrel.html

Tin Plated brass Amp Fastin-Faston# 60253-2. They are the 23 item down the page.

I then reused the plastic clips from the stock coils and these connectors slide right in and locked in place.

OK, I completely misunderstood. I want to keep my good stock coils and get new connectors to plug into the stock harness. I could cut the connectors/wires off the stock coils and use them but that would mess up the originals. I was hoping to find matching plugs or get a set of 4 connectors from the stock coils. If someone had a set of bad coils and would be willing to part with the connectors, that would be the best solution.

So I am back to square one. Still need the connectors. Anyone have a set for sale? Thanks for all the responses.

Back