• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cosworth Vega V-8 SB Chevy trade for a bike

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Not mine. Didn't a member have something similar they were working on? Here's one already done.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/mcy/5723134939.html

1976 Cosworth Vega only 3,508 made between 1975 & 76, all original except for V8, Black on Black, Mirrored finished, V-8, big cam, 4bbl carb, Large Tach w/shift light, 5 speed, Headers, to much to list Mint in & out a real head turner Drive to shows or Drive Ins. Asking $15,000.00 interested in a trade for a Motorcycle of equal value or trade down for motorcycle and cash on your part, looking for Harley Road Glide, Ultra Classic, Road King, Electra Glide etc. or Yamaha Raider.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 39
Yup , I've been building mine for tooooooo loooong now , after screwing with two bad motors I decided to bite the bullet and have an engine built. The one in this video( if it loaded) is the first bad motor, it had a vibration in I couldn't get rid of or figure out. ( turns out it was NEVER BALENACED)

The second motor was basically a good sounding, good running junk yard motor, put it the car ran fine , took it for a five mile test drive and spun a barring

Pulled the car in the garage , pulled the motor out , brought both motors to a qualified,local engine builder and said " I want aluminum heads and at lease 450hp"

I should have my motor back with ALL NEW EVERYTHING, in a couple weeks,
Big cam , 383SBC 10.5/1 with aluminum heads, he says 450 on pump gas no problem.

I'm looking forward to it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 27
I put an automatic in mine , more controllable. Cutting this console in took some work but I'm pleased with the results

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 30
Looks factory Rick! :thumbs up:

Thank you , that was my goal( the motor not so much). I've had it to a couple cruises with the bad motor and it was " received " very well!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 22
Looks factory Rick! :thumbs up:
+1
Looks like it came from Detroit like that.
The whole car looks nice and clean.

There were a couple Vega's at the local strip years ago. One was a wagon, tubbed out and a huge scoop on the hood. I never did see under it but I remember it was quick. I was just a little kid hanging out with Dad back then.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Chevy Monzas came stock w/a SBC motor, but there are few Monzas of any powerplant left on the road these days, I cannot recall the last time I saw one. Buick, Pontiac, and Olds all made a version of the Monza.

I think the Ford Anglias w/dragstrip powerplants were like the prototypes for the 'small vehicle, big engine' idea.

Chevy Monzas came stock w/a SBC motor, but there are few Monzas of any powerplant left on the road these days, I cannot recall the last time I saw one. Buick, Pontiac, and Olds all made a version of the Monza.

I think the Ford Anglias w/dragstrip powerplants were like the prototypes for the 'small vehicle, big engine' idea.
Fiat Topolino's starting in 1936-55 and then the Ford Popular 1953-62(also know in the US as Anglia).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_500_"Topolino"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_500_"Topolino"

Sweet Ride, Rick.

Thanks Steve ,
When I get the motor back its just a matter of a few hours until it's finially up and running with a GOOD motor, we'll see how long the rear ended holds up:biglaugh:

Back