Custom muffler

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablotin

Reaction score
I wanted to reduce the can of my Over Racing 4-2-1 since it's 20 inches and it's so quiet. The problem is the diameter of the can is really big and I don't think it will look fine if I cut it down to 14" or less and I want to keep the header.

The second issue is I'm not sure about the size of the can and how loud it is.

I already notice how much the 20 inches can reduces the noise, when I started the bike without the canister.

I was thinking about checking to get a used can with could have a 60mm inlet like my current canister.
Is the inlet size usual or difficult to find ?
How will it affect the bike if I plug a shorty GP muffler which was not designed for the v-max, will it still reduce enough noise ?

Attachments

• 06112009047.jpg
    06112009047.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 51
That muffler can be shortened without any problem.
I've done that with hand metal saw, piece a cake.

I use to have Two Brothers carbon fibre cans, about 14" lenght.
Shortened them to about 10" without any problem.

That muffler can be shortened without any problem.
I've done that with hand metal saw, piece a cake.

I use to have Two Brothers carbon fibre cans, about 14" lenght.
Shortened them to about 10" without any problem.

I have a single oval CF cut to 12". Loud but not tinny.

Attachments

• vmaxufo 001.jpg
    vmaxufo 001.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 44
Przemek, I'm not worried about the cut but more concerned about the intlet size and until what size I can cut down without the exhaust to sound like an UFO :rofl_200:

Pretty similar to my setup, Rebar.
The only difference will be the orientation of the can which will look more like the attached pic of then Gen 2 due to the orientation of the last part of the header.

Btw, I noticed the inlet is most of the time 2 1/4 inches.
Was it the same for you guys ?
I think mine is a 2 1/2 inches (63mm) so I might need an adaptor for reducing the size.

Attachments

• shorty-Gen2.JPG
    shorty-Gen2.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 41
If you are brave you can try our Moto Maggot. They are really popular lately for custom applications, many have been putting them on Ducatis.

They are small, lightweight and loud...and not very much money!!

http://www.tygausa.com/25-moto-maggot

I love the look :)
Is there a way to hear how they sound ?
I noticed they're made for 2inches header, so I might need an adapter also.
I might consider it since the price is friendly and they will look great and different :)
You're shipping in the Philippines ? :)

I was thinking removing the last part of the pipe and put 2 mufflers like the ducati streetfighters. That will change from a 4.2.1 to 4.2.
Rear header connected to one muffler, front to the second one.
Is it a wrong move ?

Attached how it could look, although the header is not the same (just some photoshop on a the friend's bike)

Attachments

• ebong-montage.jpg
    ebong-montage.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 49
If you are brave you can try our Moto Maggot. They are really popular lately for custom applications, many have been putting them on Ducatis.

They are small, lightweight and loud...and not very much money!!

http://www.tygausa.com/25-moto-maggot

Yes please!!!:eusa_dance:
I have a Yoshi RS3, normally pretty loud, so shortened it to 12" and put it on my KTM 640 SM.
I reckon since on that bike it almost made my ears bleed, on the Vmax it should be just about right!
2 Tyga cans might be the go I reckon.:clapping:

Dale walker offered a 4-2 upgrade from the 4-1 system a number of years ago. He basically "T"d the second muffler into the midpipe. Made the bike deeper sounding but don't think it helped (OR HURT) performance. Now he offers a true 4-2 system.

Sean

Yeah we can ship worldwide, and if you search Moto Maggot on Youtube there are a lot of videos...will see if I can dig one up, I do not have a bike with one on here in the shop at the moment!

I checked for the sound :) Sounds pretty good, maybe too loud but it's ok :)
the intlet is a 2" right ? how much for shipping in the philippines ?

I'm still checking for options like the dual pipes on the right side instead of only one. will see :)

I checked for the sound :) Sounds pretty good, maybe too loud but it's ok :)
the intlet is a 2" right ? how much for shipping in the philippines ?
:)

Having been to Manila noise should not be an issue! :rofl_200:

Shipping is about $31 for one, or around $40 for two. Many guys who have been putting them on SV650's are just having a short mid pipe made up at their local muffler shop to go from whatever size they have to 2" and weld on the spring tabs...a few told me they spent about $30 on this...should be next to nothing in RP.

I rented an XR200 when I was in Boracay, fun stuff, would like to do more riding over there!

Noise is just an issue when they are in the mood to stop you and when they notice you're a foreigner :) but else it's not that restrictive for now.
Boracai is a nice place but try Pallawan, you will enjoy the ride more :)

Thanks for the feedback about the price, I still need to check but I will let you know if I get it.

Latest posts

Back