D3 handle bar grips and new seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
Hey all, so I got my new grips installed on my max. They fit great and are softer than the factory grips. Personally I LOVE them. I also had Sean make me a mid cut seat to replace the full cut. I just needed a bit more cush for my fat arse.

All in all I'm very happy.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 147
Another image... Doing this with taptalk on my iPhone so only one image per post! Ugh...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 127
i would also highly recommend mid cut over the full cut.

chris, the inward part of those are metal right? so my heated grips wouldn't work i imagine. (heated is a sticker u put under the grips). does the rubber part go all the way thru?

Another image... Doing this with taptalk on my iPhone so only one image per post! Ugh...

Hey Chris I almost bought those D3 grips from Sean also but instead I bought the Kuryakyn from him. I hope I like them . The ones you got are nice looking and I kinda wish I got those but I didn't.........lol

Looks good. You go to conesville Chris?

rebar said:
Looks good. You go to conesville Chris?

Nope. Been once and that was enough for me.

The grips are rubber all the way through with the anodized aluminum on top. I just sprayed brake clean in them and shoved them on. Took almost no time to install.

The rubber grip part is rubber all the way to the handlebar? The Rizoma grip is just a rubber sleeve on top of alum body.

Correct. This is a rubber sleeve like most grips are with aluminum inserts on the inboard and outboard area. Just installed them on the 99 we are putting together and I like them so far.

Sean

Correct. I like the K's but they are a bit large in diameter and the only way to get them black is to have them powder coated yourself. All your pressure is right on the rubber part and it's fairly soft. definitely softer than the stock grips. Which by the way I now have two of in perfect condition...

Chris

Correct. This is a rubber sleeve like most grips are with aluminum inserts on the inboard and outboard area. Just installed them on the 99 we are putting together and I like them so far.

Sean

so my heated 'pads' attached to the handlebar probably wouldn't work with these eh sean?

so my heated 'pads' attached to the handlebar probably wouldn't work with these eh sean?

Not sure? They install much like the OEM grip so not sure what the difference is for your heating pads.

Sean

Not sure? They install much like the OEM grip so not sure what the difference is for your heating pads.

Sean

well it adds thickness where the rubber can slide over them not sure if metal would be able to, or trasmit the heat easily from the pads.

I wouldn't want any metal on my grips in the cold but that's just me. I've had heated grips on my sleds in the past and if I put it on high my hands would literally sting because it was so hot. If yours work that well, these grips I'm sure would be OK. I've always had the grips with the heaters built in so I can't comment on the wrap around units.

Chris

i thought these grips fit pretty snug so if the bar was a bit thicker in that area then it would be hard to install them I would think. Not sure. Never used the heated add-ons.

Sean

Back