Damaged 2007

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
He is asking $4,500 for this 2007. He wrecked it. Front end mashed in. Take a look at it. Interested in your comments. Especially those that have experience appraising such damage. What would it cost to fix, is $4,500 too much? I bet it would cost a lot more if the frame had to be replaced.

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/mcy/3111935189.html

I have no exprence with appraising damage but my mind set would be no way.

500 to fix the forks, and the front rim? I can see taking the front forks to a machinest and having them straightened out, but the rim I would think would have to be replaced. And wheels are stupid expensive.

As far is it being rideable? I do stupid stuff, but riding a motorcycle with a bent rim and forks does not sound very safe to me.

I wonder how much cosmetic damage is on the other side, if the frame isn't bent i would say $2000-$2500 tops if the engine cases and exh are still good....................Tom.

No experience appraising but if the forks are really just slightly bent dour the frame is bent.. and 500 to fix with out having someone do the work.. that's even if you find 07 forks. And then rim might be 150 more. Cost more than 500 to fix. If its a salvage title 3k id say

That is good info. Hope to hear more comments. Hope Sean and Captain Kyle pop in with something.

danny took on a bike with bent forks/rims.. i bet he could give a realistic view to fix/opinions.

chances are its not just the forks tho.

Very difficult to do any sort of appraisal without some detailed pics. If you are close enough to go see it check how the diaphragm covers line up with the scoop cut-outs....if they aren't centered then the frame is probly bent....look at every weld for hairline cracks....also indicates bent frame. The wheel may be able to be straightened, there are outfits that do that quite well, if they aren't successful they probly won't charge you but you want that mentioned up front. The forks being 'slightly bent' is like being 'slightly pregnant', they need to be replaced, or the part that is bent (the lowers may be ok), you can price them. It all depends on how hard it was hit, check the steering stops, pick the front end up and swing the bars from side to side, look for notchiness, jambs in the down tubes, scrapes on the bottoms of the pipes, sides of the mufflers, ends of pegs & bars....that'll let you know if it went down and slid.

$500 to fix seems unrealistically low but you need a complete list, maybe Sean has some good used parts on hand that would help you keep the cost down.

$4500?....way too much! Also, make sure it's not a salvage title....it's only a parts bike then.

I'd say if it only costs $500 to fix it, why didnt he do it then and charge $6k that it would normally go for?

Very difficult to do any sort of appraisal without some detailed pics. If you are close enough to go see it check how the diaphragm covers line up with the scoop cut-outs....if they aren't centered then the frame is probly bent....look at every weld for hairline cracks....also indicates bent frame. The wheel may be able to be straightened, there are outfits that do that quite well, if they aren't successful they probly won't charge you but you want that mentioned up front. The forks being 'slightly bent' is like being 'slightly pregnant', they need to be replaced, or the part that is bent (the lowers may be ok), you can price them. It all depends on how hard it was hit, check the steering stops, pick the front end up and swing the bars from side to side, look for notchiness, jambs in the down tubes, scrapes on the bottoms of the pipes, sides of the mufflers, ends of pegs & bars....that'll let you know if it went down and slid.

$500 to fix seems unrealistically low but you need a complete list, maybe Sean has some good used parts on hand that would help you keep the cost down.

$4500?....way too much! Also, make sure it's not a salvage title....it's only a parts bike then.
+ 1 I think Danny pretty much nailed it. No way I would pay $ 4500 for this thing . I would really have to see it as pictures can be deceiving but I bet there is a little more to it.

The last one we fixed like that ended up well over $2500 in parts. And that was with a lot of good used parts (we could have used older parts and saved a bit but not down to $500 worth and still had nice parts).

Sean

You guys nailed it. On the surface would not pay more than $2,500 for it. Too bad it was messed up by someone, hope they did not get hurt real bad.

Trying to get in touch with him. Maybe go look it over, take close up pictures.

Don't think you'll see Kyle pay that much. Likely not Sean either....
I'd think more like $2500-$3000. Can't tell what you'd really be
getting in for in the long run. Maybe better to part it out.

He wants $4500? American money?

wellgood128399780854874682.jpg

I pretty much agree with everything said here.
Finding good late low milage forks and front wheel will be maybe time consuming and more than $500. You won't think about riding it with the old steering bearings, the guy would have to be a total tripper to ride it like that!

If that bike was in Australia it would be gone already, but over there it seems a little on the high side.

I'd give as much as $3k if the motor ran correctly and there wasn't a lot of rash on most of the rest of the bike.

Sean

Back