Deals Gap September 18-19th.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Robert, just so I can start planning, what time do you wanna leave on Thursday morning?

Also, PM me your address so I can plan my trip to you.

cheerz

I'm setting my alarm clock for 6am. I should roll out at around 7am.
Are you going to be able to carry all your gear on the bike to get over here?
It's not a problem for me to pop over and pick you up if you want, your right near I-4 anyway, right?

I'm setting my alarm clock for 6am. I should roll out at around 7am.
Are you going to be able to carry all your gear on the bike to get over here?
It's not a problem for me to pop over and pick you up if you want, your right near I-4 anyway, right?

Ya I'm right next to I4 - 2mns drive from that 7/11 we met at last time. :clapping:

I got the Truck all serviced yesterday, but the off and on rain prevented me from cleaning it out and washing it.
Going to service Baby today and Clean her up then if I have time I'll clean and wash the truck.

Weather for Robbinsville is starting to look a little better.
As of now.

Thu
Sep 17

38.gif

Scattered T-Storms 40%

76?
62?

Fri
Sep 18

38.gif

Scattered T-Storms 40%

77?
58?

Sat
Sep 19

37.gif

Isolated T-Storms 30%

78?
56?

Sun
Sep 20

11.gif

Showers 30%

74?
55?

4 Days till Go Time!
:th_image003:

Kewl Rollie,
I'm just a newb... the least of my worries is radar. I'm more concerned with cornering and trying not to get run over by other idiots overshooting their lane or running into my slow ass from behind.

I am kinda worried about radars if it's really a 30 mph (!) speed limit.. Heck I break that daily going from 1st to 2nd gear..

I can't wait to ride those twisties! I'm so turn-starved here in FL!

THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN turns in 11 miles!!!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I am kinda worried about radars if it's really a 30 mph (!) speed limit.. Heck I break that daily going from 1st to 2nd gear..

I can't wait to ride those twisties! I'm so turn-starved here in FL!

THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTEEN turns in 11 miles!!!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

So I take it your going???

Are there any organized rides, or any self-led ride routes made up?

There are several fantastic loop rides in the area....

I'll need to do a daily trip to a cell phone covered area to call in to work both Friday and Saturday - I think it'll be at least 20 miles to Robbinsville - so let's look at those maps and work a couple of routes out!

There's a land line at the resort, you can use a phone card to call in....heck there may be cell coverage by now, there was cell signal at Iron Horse last week.

It's about 35-40 minutes to Robbinsville..but if you take a left on 28 it's a fantastic ride up to 143, take a right and pop out in Robbinsville. Take 129 back to the Dragon, nice short loop.

Or, a great half-day's riding, running the Cherohala Skyway to Tellico Plains, down 68 and across 64 over towards Franklin, then head north on Wayah Rd (1310) back towards Robbinsville. Wayah is fantastic, it was being repaved this Spring but I just ran it last week and it's all good now.

This all sounds so great! I'll need to call in from my cell - can't really have a NC number pop up on my boss's phone with me going 'I'm not feeling good won't come in today' can I? ;-)

There's a land line at the resort, you can use a phone card to call in....heck there may be cell coverage by now, there was cell signal at Iron Horse last week.

It's about 35-40 minutes to Robbinsville..but if you take a left on 28 it's a fantastic ride up to 143, take a right and pop out in Robbinsville. Take 129 back to the Dragon, nice short loop.

Or, a great half-day's riding, running the Cherohala Skyway to Tellico Plains, down 68 and across 64 over towards Franklin, then head north on Wayah Rd (1310) back towards Robbinsville. Wayah is fantastic, it was being repaved this Spring but I just ran it last week and it's all good now.
Since you know the way ......... I nominate CB to lead the first loops. All of us slow asses can follow at our pace and hook up at a predetermined , easy to find and not miss , stop site.

Sounds good to me. Bike is prepped and ready for tomorrow :) I'm getting all my gear ready now. This is going to be SO MUCH FUN!!!

Oh Hell, my Aerostich rain gear went in for repairs. Now of course there's a good chance we'll see a little rain. Crap.
Calling up my good riding buddy, see if she will let me borrow her Frogg Toggs for the trip. I ordered some cute riding pants but they won't be here in time, so....I'm going to show up looking like a tarp on a bike.

If folks want to take a loop to Robbinsville for ice cream or something, that would be fine. I don't ride fast contrary to popular belief. I can't afford a ticket!

And, if folks want to make a great ride out of a beer run (dry county where we're staying!), the longer loop into Franklin can last most of the day. I know where a burned-out French chef has set up his own little restaurant and it's CHEAP gourmet food! Right there in Franklin, no dress code. The decor is way sophisitcated but the food is awesome....and did I mention affordable? It's next door to the beer, too....If folks want to make that run I will gladly offer the directions and quite possibly come along, it's really simple though. The maps of the area are free at the resort. 64 is straight and sucks but the rest of it is all beautiful roads.

Oh Hell, my Aerostich rain gear went in for repairs. Now of course there's a good chance we'll see a little rain. Crap.
Calling up my good riding buddy, see if she will let me borrow her Frogg Toggs for the trip. I ordered some cute riding pants but they won't be here in time, so....I'm going to show up looking like a tarp on a bike.

If folks want to take a loop to Robbinsville for ice cream or something, that would be fine. I don't ride fast contrary to popular belief. I can't afford a ticket!

And, if folks want to make a great ride out of a beer run (dry county where we're staying!), the longer loop into Franklin can last most of the day. I know where a burned-out French chef has set up his own little restaurant and it's CHEAP gourmet food! Right there in Franklin, no dress code. The decor is way sophisitcated but the food is awesome....and did I mention affordable? It's next door to the beer, too....If folks want to make that run I will gladly offer the directions and quite possibly come along, it's really simple though. The maps of the area are free at the resort. 64 is straight and sucks but the rest of it is all beautiful roads.

WHAT??? No Cute Riding Pants???? That's IT. I'm not going!!! Trips Canceled!!!

It's called "Cafe Rel," google it and you'll see the good reviews. My lunch-size pasta made two meals, and I ate off the slab chocolate cake for three days.

Yeah I'm bummed about my cute riding pants. They have little yellow strappies down the sides and they kinda look like chaps but they're actually pants with crash pads and everything. Who am I kidding, I'll probably look like a lemon pop-tart in them....

AND the motorcycle store had my size helmet on clearance, it was yellow to match the strappy pants, but they sold out before I could get it. Dammit it's just not my week, I hope this weekend is better...

Back