Deployment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decter

Reaction score
Hello all,

So, I am military and recently went on a six month deployment. I should be back in a few months, and just realized that while I did add sea foam to my bike and pull the battery, I did not drain the fuel from my carbs.

Will this likely cause some issues when I return?

Thanks,
Nick

+1 to Eric. It's nothing serious, just drain gas tank and carbs when you get back. Be safe.

Wouldn't hurt to grab a can of BG44K and pour 1/3 can in each of your first three fill-ups...there are some other products like Techron, Start Your Engines, etc....i prefer 44K.

Be safe, thanks for your service. :worthy:

Wouldn't hurt to grab a can of BG44K and pour 1/3 can in each of your first three fill-ups...there are some other products like Techron, Start Your Engines, etc....i prefer 44K.

Be safe, thanks for your service. :worthy:

After you run that tank that you have. Don't mix it.

I forgot to do stuff before I deployed also. I started mine up fine when I came back at the like 5 month mark. Still I didn't do anything to the fuel, when my 12 month hit and I was back. My fuel system was messed up. I would see if you can get someone to put it in and if possible drain them. I put seafoam in every winter now and have no issues with it firing up.

Back