Diavel Vs. Vmax: First 1/4 mile Race on Video!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I've been waiting for. Although it looks like the Diavel was in front pretty much the whole race and looked to be ahead at the end. I'd like to see more runs before I commit to buying my next bike. It will be one of these two. For sure. I did sit on a Diavel yesterday but it wasn't on or running. But it just seemed to be missing something up front. But it was really light compared even to my gen 1. But it was a nice feeling bike beneath you. But at least they're available to see and sit on in person. If you even ask about a new max at the dealer they act like your nuts and I think they want a deposit to even see one. I really want to stay loyal to Yamaha, hell I've been playing Yamaha drums for 30 years and love the company but they really need to be more customer friendly and available to people who want the new Vmax.

Thanks for sharing this Brian. Forwarded the link to this video to my son who wants a Dakatii and constantly gives me crap about how the V-Max's can't compete for quickness & speed !
This should shut him up for awhile ..... :rofl_200:

Last edited:
although this video dont convince me of a good drag racing between the bikes. i am pretty sure v-max is lot quicker from the ducati.
the thing i dont get is that i have read in lots of magazines and articles that the gen1 with the yamaha factory driver in 85 did a 10.36 time. and i see this beast running 11's

That's my point, they need to run both these beasts with GOOD riders!! I'm sure most of us on here could come close to if not better than the times these bikes ran on this video

+ i am sure some of gen 1 that are in this forum can do mid and early 10's . I hope one day i will time mine too beacuse from the day i installed my Keihin my bike is FAST. i can feel it and i can see it and i will be dissapointed if i dont catch mid 10's.

Yeah, the video is kinda on the borderline of seriousness or at points it looks that way. It'll make for good bench racing with Ducati enthusiasts!
The Vmax won this battle, or so it seems, but I like where the Ducati is headed with a light weight cruiser that handles.

Those two guys are panzies. You need 2 good riders to get on those bikes and lay it down....gonna be a long summer boys, we'll see.

yea, I have run several times at the strip, with the stock 200 rear, having to baby it off the line and run 10.31 @ 138 mph
My Buddy Darryl about 245 lbs suited up (240 rear) ran a 9.94 at 136 his second time at the track.

In the couple launches, it was a different story each time. Once the Duck got a big jump, the next time it was almost dead even. That with the numbers they posted makes me think these were probably bike rag journalists who had never seen either bike, sat on it, and had a go. Put a racer who knows the bike on there and try again.

as much as i want to be loyal to the vmax family, i'm with prez...if santa can only give me one choice, it'd be the ducati.

Wow!! I thought I was the only one that openly admits that they'd choose the Diavel. To me the Ducati has the Gen2 in the high end technology dept. That screen display and adjustable ride control and super easily adjustable suspension. Let alone in a lighter pkg. Even as a very loyal Yamaha customer I think the Diavel is what the new max wanted to be. But no matter what I'll always keep my gen 1 anyway.

Wow!! I thought I was the only one that openly admits that they'd choose the Diavel. To me the Ducati has the Gen2 in the high end technology dept. That screen display and adjustable ride control and super easily adjustable suspension. Let alone in a lighter pkg. Even as a very loyal Yamaha customer I think the Diavel is what the new max wanted to be. But no matter what I'll always keep my gen 1 anyway.
I would look at them as 2 different type of bikes; both have their merits and strong points. I have never driven a Diavel and only have a short 30 mile ride on a Gen2 in a controlled ride so until I can ride both I'll have to rely on others experiences.

the gen 2 has hand adjustable preload/compression/rebound and a crap load of tech also, just no half horsepower mode or whatever.

fuel gauge, 4 trip meters i think? kph or mph selectable, air intake temperature, countdown timer with stop watch, gear indicator, coolant temp, it says time to ride and good night. you can adjust the brightness of all your gauges and even set the rpm you want the shiftlight to come on at, and even different rpms in every gear if u want, it does more than what ive wrote i just cant remember it all. YCCI YCCT EXUP 2 radiators 6 piston brakes, abs, 16 valve dohc v4!1! says it all.

ive sat on/rode a lot of bikes, and ive never felt anything close to it in the quality department, the build fit and finish are impeccable

i honestly thought the diavel was gonna be the new bad ass, but when the specs and dyno sheets came out.. i got sad :(

you just cant beat the feeling of launching a 650 pound rock out of a turn in 2nd or 3rd gear squealing the rear tire with the front wheel skimming off the ground, going from 25 mph to 120 in the SAME gear in seconds, without shifting, and the sound.... and the feel good vibes.... and the g force... and ok im going to bed now.

i guess what im trying to say is, driving a 10 second honda civic down the quarter mile doesnt feel as good as a 10 second 69 camaro. i dunno, ask sean i guess if youve never been in a muscle car maybe he'll take you

... driving a 10 second honda civic down the quarter mile doesnt feel as good as a 10 second 69 camaro
never been in a ricer...don't think i ever do--maybe a drifter. anyways, i grew up pulling the corners of my stupid grins out of my ear sockets after peeling my back off of the seats of a firebird, a gto, a chevelle, a duster, a 280z, a monte carlo, just to name a few (don't ask what year or motor, wasn't that much of a gearhead back then), and man you ain't "tawkin widda tung outta yer shoo".

Back