Did I do good? (First time Vmax nobbie here)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgstoken

Reaction score
Did I do good? (First time Vmax noobie here)

Well, I just snatched up a 1986 Vmax with 90k miles. Ya, I know the miles are high, but the bike is bone stock, miles were from commuting and the bike is very clean for its age. Here's the kicker..... I paid $800. Its not currently running, as it needs new plugs, wires, battery, oil change and other misc. It was sitting for 3 years when I got it. Anyway, how do you think I did?

BTW, its a very dark metallic blue color, photo shows it almost black.

Attachments

• IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 108
Doesn't look bad at all. Replace all fluids, tires, check brakes, electrics. Probably need to rebuild carbs too.

Nice find! A little work may just net you a real bargin burner! The shifter looks like it may need a tiny bit of adjustment.:confused2:

If it turns out the bike doesn't run, you can make a tremendous profit by parting it out on eBay. For $800 you can't lose.

I would have bought it in that condition for $800 in the blink of an eye!

If you wanna make a quick $50 just let me know :biglaugh:

Neil

LUCKY GUY That bike is in awesome condition for the year. As an 85 owner, just be careful and watch for any leaks minor or major as the rubber tends to fail easily, I have had to replace everything internally and externally. Ya if your willing to sell just hollar. It will go fast whole bike or in parts. Roy

Well done , not bad condition considering it is 24 years old . Seen some that year sell for $6000NZD here . Bargin
Thats classed as a classic here:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Hey, welcome to the club. I just got mine too and the few rides I've had on it were very exhilarating. I paid 500 off craigslist. Since then I've put about 1400 in it and am now refreshing the engine. By the time I'm back on the road, I hope to still be under 2500 total which is still a great deal for a freshened 85, IMHO
Ride safe, that truck wayyyyy up there is right in front of you in a blink of an eye. Gotta love that v-boost.

Latest posts

Back