Different slip-on for Hindle 4-1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triumph1050

Reaction score
What options do I have available?

I have an 86 with a Hindle 4-1 with a plain looking aluminum(maybe ti??) can. I will be keeping the 4-1 full system but would like a better looking can. It looks like the first place to separate is at the collector. ??
This is not my bike but the system is exactly like mine....

Suggestions or advice is welcome.

94%20Yamaha%20Vmax%20001.jpg

LOL, that's the old "Bee"max! I think the guys name was Kelly Cash.

Anyway, measure up the inlet size and then you can simply adapt any muffler to it from there. Might even have something around here for it. Good mufflers aren't cheap but there are cheap mufflers out there.

Sean

You can probably get about any can to work with a little bit of modding. I have a newer style Hindle system and am running one of the IXIL "cans." I am also currently in the process of seeing what Mark can come up with on one of his cans. The IXIL is awesome, but damn is it loud. I will keep it, though, to slap on for bike and cars shows or when I just want to be extra obnoxious.:punk:

Attachments

• Vmax Ixil 2.jpg
    Vmax Ixil 2.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 41
haha i was hoping it was kelly. almost did the same front wheel as him.

If you check your local bargain pages such-as craigslist and local forums for sportbikes, as well as bulletin boards at bike shops, you will turn-up a fair amount of people getting-off sportbike cans and complete systems. The best deal is to get a bolt-on can on the end closest to the engine. Break-out your jigsaw or use a bandsaw and use some scrap to make a template to fit the bolt-on flange, and take it to a local muffler shop and they can make-up a connector which will slip-over your collector. Parts Unlimited and Tucker-Rocky sell various clamps and brackets for different size pipes to make the connection tight, and to hang the can securely.

I have acquired several cans along the way to do this, I am just waiting on the time to be able to get the header pipes on so I can get to the other stuff I described. One can I got off a GSXR1000 has a titanium tip, the guy removed it as-soon as he bought the bike, another from a Honda 929 or something, and another complete exhaust from a FZ1, all cheap.

I used a beat up Mark's Can, shortened it to 12" to get rid of the road rashed ends and adapted it to a Kerker. Awesome Sound Now. Anythings possible. Sean may have something in his goodie pile that would be perfect.... CaptasinKyle may have something too... 2 great people to buy from...

You can probably get about any can to work with a little bit of modding. I have a newer style Hindle system and am running one of the IXIL "cans." I am also currently in the process of seeing what Mark can come up with on one of his cans. The IXIL is awesome, but damn is it loud. I will keep it, though, to slap on for bike and cars shows or when I just want to be extra obnoxious.:punk:

Looks great , but sitting parked , do you cover it to keep the rain , marbles out ?

Back