disappointed parts supplier

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without a name a disservice is being done to all vendors that makes/alters a seat. Assumptions and speculations aren't the best when given little information. This thread shouldn't have been started without giving up who the vendor is. Like stated before, there is an area to post vendor experiences.

I cannot recall the last time I saw a locked thread here, but maybe it is time.

I know I have one seat in process that has been a couple of months easily. BUT, it's getting some custom silkscreening that is taking much longer then I have anticipated. We're going to be offering the new patterns when it's done but that isn't helping the current customer (Jim). Most of our current seat order will be shipping out to customers next week sometime. *** On a side note - I will be selling the Muscle seat off my personal bike too and haven't posted it in the sale section yet.

Seems like we are also having some production delays on the modified side covers but we are trying to build as much as we can in advance too. Having enough cores was an issue until about a month ago when we finally started taking apart all the engines we had laying around (I think we have taken apart 25-30 so far).

Last thing that is a long term wait that is close to ending is the Carr wheel special. We are very close to shipping out the silver sets and will be doing the colors right after that. Chrome will be the last ones to go to the customers.

Those with extended arms should be seeing those soon too. Finishing up the fab work shortly and then off to powdercoat. I am waiting on another vendor to get me some other parts I need (larger brake mounts) before we can finish up one of them.

Of course the full builds take far longer!

I can warn people right now that trans work is VERY backed up! Minimum of 8 weeks in most cases if not longer.

We try to do most of our work on exchange so customers can keep riding their bikes until they get the new parts from us. Helps ease the anxiety of not having a bike when it's nice out!

Sean

yeah the thread is pointless...

Ill just keep buying from the same guys. It's hassle free (sean, exactrep).

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I know from dealing with others over the years, a misunderstanding on either end can make for a unpleasant dealing. And when it comes to dealing one man band doing everything they can become overwhelmed, too much work not enough hours. After talking with them over a period of time and many delays then I would become upset with them, when they do not do as they say. I know being on the the waiting end sucks, but when you are going to flame someone for something it is best to have an out from the deal. I try to not flame a business for delays or workmanship if I have not talked to them. So with out the full story and all the dealings with said company, I do not buy into it.

Thanks guys;
I will name the vendor, when I get my seats back. And no, he has not replied to my thread. When I was researching and deciding who to send the seat to for the recovering, I really thought I did my homework. The guy has won awards and such from the VMOA, so I felt very secure using this person.
I do want to be clear that I am still in discussions with the vendor, but have not yet received a date that my seat will be completed.
Thanks to all for their responses and I will let you know how it turns out!

Thanks guys;
I will name the vendor, when I get my seats back. And no, he has not replied to my thread. When I was researching and deciding who to send the seat to for the recovering, I really thought I did my homework. The guy has won awards and such from the VMOA, so I felt very secure using this person.
I do want to be clear that I am still in discussions with the vendor, but have not yet received a date that my seat will be completed.
Thanks to all for their responses and I will let you know how it turns out!

I totally agree with the other guys, I guess that fact that your pretty new to the forum gives you somewhat of an excuse but by not naming who it is it's putting all the guys here that make seats on the defensive. You would have been better off naming who in your first then ( whoever it is) would have been more likely to hurry up as a form of damage control. How your doing it he knows your not saying anything till he's done. And there are 2 sides to every story. He could have told his side. Just sayin..

Back