ditching harley for vmax...which should i buy?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't compare - as the Max is my first street bike - but I LOVE my max.
It's smokin' fast and comfortable. Sounds bad ass to boot.

Hope you grab yourself a max, this is probably the best place on the net for all that is Vmax.

I had a guy with a "sporty" wanting to run me on the max one time. I asked him what kind of power he was putting out. His comment back was 75. I asked if it was at the wheel or the crank. He beat around the bush and it came right down to him having NO clue. Another guy with more money than brains... 75? WTH is that? My 1000 twin puts out 30 more BHP than that was my comment.

Chris

yeah, it's definitely not a sports bike!! i did the stage 1 for a little more torque. it's a good cruiser bike though. it is my first street bike, so i wanted something tame. now that i've got experience, i'm ready to upgrade. plus having a turbo-charged car makes me want to feel "boost" on a bike.

yeah, it's definitely not a sports bike!! i did the stage 1 for a little more torque. it's a good cruiser bike though. it is my first street bike, so i wanted something tame. now that i've got experience, i'm ready to upgrade. plus having a turbo-charged car makes me want to feel "boost" on a bike.

I like the Nightsters........one of the best looking Harley's ever IMHO......

I like my Vmax.......and I like Sportsters......different bikes for different purposes:confused2:

I like the Nightsters........one of the best looking Harley's ever IMHO......

I like my Vmax.......and I like Sportsters......different bikes for different purposes:confused2:

yeah i love the look of my nightster. if i could afford two bikes i'd keep it

Yeah Sean is a great guy you wont get a better tuned bike or serviced and if you buy from him you know it wont have any issues, Hell im driving from Pa to Kansas to get a 1500 mtr. Just make sure if you do buy a bike from Sean you take lots of $$$ because he will let the Mod Monkeys attack you, and you will see lots of mods you will want.LOL JIM

Bump for Chris' comment. My vote was for 1996 and newer. Didn't know about any pre 99 tranny issues? You know something the rest of us don't?:ummm: Welcome to our madness by the way.

The shift segment piece was the part fixed in either '99 or '00, I don't exactly remember. It holds a drum of pins that the foot shifter "ratchets" on and you kick it, rotating the shift drum. On the "old" style the pins are held into the drum by a flimsy metal "finger" ring from the center out. The fingers would bend and let the pins fall out, making you lose some or all gears. The "new" style eliminates the "fingers" and the pins are locked into the drum itself.

Back