DJ7011 breather restrictor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
Ignorance is bliss....

I run Mikuni Flat-slides with the Stage 7 breather set-up. The motor has run well and I was happy.

However...

I have recently read about the restrictor (DJ7011) that goes into the original breather pipe.

My questions:
1) What is the purpose of it (yes, I know it restricts but why is this necessary)?
2) What is the likely effect of not fitting it?
3) What is the size of the hole in the restrictor?

As always, any help appreciated.

Steve, it keeps oil down since stage 7 has a habit of forcing oil into the air filters.

Hi Mark, thanks.

That's what I suspected so I guess that as it hasn't been an issue with the Flatslides I can sleep easy?

Or would it still be prudent to fit one?

If you're not seeing oil in your air filter(s) or any evidence of blue smoke coming out of your exhaust I wouldn't worry. Are you losing any oil between changes?

MM

I have the same flats and PCW put the restrictor in to prevent oil blowing out the filters as Mark said. I don't have STG 7 set up but do have a catch can running off the breather.

I think the center hole is approx 1/8" in the restrictor.

This is an orginal design, no diffrence if You will fabricate diffrent one.
I think only hole diamater matters (with some tolerance).

Attachments

• DJS7 crankcase restrictor.pdf
    45.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DJS7 crankcase restrictor.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 22
Whilst it doesn't use much oil , I guess putting in the restrictor won't do any harm.

Thank you one and all (especially to Prez for the drawing) for your feedback - will fire the lathe up tomorrow and make one.

Whilst it doesn't use much oil , I guess putting in the restrictor won't do any harm.

Thank you one and all (especially to Prez for the drawing) for your feedback - will fire the lathe up tomorrow and make one.

NP.

Everything good?
I opened dxf again and its corrupted :ummm:

OD is 12,8mm and hole is 2,45mm - just in case.

I'd say about an 1/8' as well,

:ummm::ummm:

I've not seen any flatslide set ups that actually use POSITIVE crankcase ventilation, using the filters to suck on the engin.

All the ones I've seen usually vent to atmosphere with a separator and some sort of catch can with a drain back system, at best I've seen some that had the breather "near" the filter but nothing that was really gonna pull a negative pressure on the motor.......In which case the restrictor could still come in handy since it might keep the engine from pushing oil out.

I don't get the two hose setup.....

You got a massive hose to the oil fill
And a small hose with the restrictor to the middle of the engine....
Both going to the same canister...

I would think the whole internal of the engine would see the same atmosphere, so what good can the restrictor do when it's got that big freaking hose in parrallel with it??

Mine has the Stage 7 breather which feed into the top of air filter sock thingies above the front intakes.

I suspect that whist any blow-by may (should?, could?) be taken into the motor there won't be sufficient negative pressure to pull oil up through the breather.

The situation may be different when going into a single filter as on the S7?

Prez, it opened OK for me. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back