Do I need to lower the front?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilsnel

Reaction score
I put on a set of 11.5 progressive shocks and like the way the bike looks. Do I have to lower the front? Is it going to effect the handling of the bike?
It's not a big deal to lower the front, I just like the way the bike sits right now.

It is going to affect the weight transfer for braking and loading on the front wheel in corners. You'll just have to work a little harder to get the front end hooked up/ planted.

Last edited:
I did the same thing on mine when it was new, the increased front fork angle really helped the stability of the bike, but hurt the "turn in" .....I ended up lowering the front to match and get the "turn in" back...

I eventually ended up going back to close to stock heigth, got tired of hitting the pipes and dragging the pegs.......

But damn it looked good sitting low like that, if I rarely ever did any twisties I would consider going low again.....

Rusty

Last edited:
My fronts are at 2.0 inches lower than stock and I am running 11.5's in back.

This is my cruiser though. I have a sport bike for the twisties.

Chris

Attachments

• 100_2394.jpg
    100_2394.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 60
I'm running 11.5 in the rear and stock height in the front, only because the mechanic wants $350 to install the progressive springs and lowering kit sitting in my garage and I don't feel like tackling it just yet.

Anyway.

The bike feels a little different, but you get used to it very quickly. It's a little more difficult to be aggressive in corners, but that's fine because with the 11.5's on the back you don't want to be, things start hitting the pavement in a hurry if you get froggy.

I have forwards on mine (because I'm not a midget), and I think the Max looks great slammed. Pull the bars back a little bit and you're in cruiser land, albeit toting a giant can of whup-ass. Just dial yourself back a bit in the woolies.

BTW, Gasem, have I mentioned lately I love your gloss black kicks? I gotta get mine painted.

BTW, Gasem, have I mentioned lately I love your gloss black kicks? I gotta get mine painted.

Thanks!

Kicks?

The side panels? I had them squirt them because when we took the Vmax logos off it left a shiny spot that was going to be hard to remove as they were semi-gloss from the factory.

Chris

What's funny is all the aftermarket paint on this bike was free!

The guy took 4 months to get it done and I was pissed as it was cutting into my riding season.

Chris

Back