Down but not out.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad you and Tina are generally OK, hopefully nothing long term arises health wise. Heal well my friend!
Too bad about your truck, sounds like you have some time and work into her.

Glad you are both still with us! It is a shame that drivers like the one who hit you are on the road. There are way too many people who are repeat offenders for dui but since they or their lawyer know the system they keep ended up back on the road.

Glad to here you both are ok. It could have been very bad.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about this Steve.
Hope you and Tina heal up quickly and you get a fair settlement for the vehicle!

Thanks Mike. The problem with an older vehicle is insurance company's are quick to call it totaled. And no consideration is taken into account for the work put in to it. I'm going to check it out today and see if it can be salvaged or not. I get too attached to machines sometimes.

I appreciate it Brothers. I feel worse today. Pounding head ache among the rest with nausea. I'm getting calls from the darn insurance company's already. I went to lease the cheapest car on the cape and it was $300 a week. I don't know if the other driver is insured yet. So I'm waiting until tomorrow when the police report gets published. I'm taking the vmax out to clean her up. Starting her up and listening to her roar always makes me feel better. Maybe a hole shot in the drive way
biglaugh.gif
Steve-o

Steve-o, a few sessions with a decent chiropractor may be worthwhile. It helped me out especially the electronic acupuncture.

OUCH! Sorry to hear of this Steve. I hope you two mend quickly, and with no lasting reminders of this incident.

Well that just plain sucks , but it could have sucked worse, hope all turns out as good as possible dealing with the fuckin insurance companies can be as tramadic as the accident.

You were spot on Rick. It started already. My own insurance co. wanted me and Tina to consent to recorded statements. They said my rent a car coverage is invalid because I only carry comprehensive on the truck. But I pay for it? I just wanted the bills covered, can you believe the medical bill is over 3k already, and a fair price for my Silverado. The frame is bent at the last couple of feet in the very rear. We have one car now, and that sucks when Tina is at work. I'm looking for a cheapo to buy today. I really need a truck rather than a car. I don't even know if the ding bat that slammed me has insurance yet. The cheapest rental around is $300+ a week. If the other driver isn't insured, I'll eat the rental. Off to the lawyer I went. I'm glad because he is calling my insurance to get them to honor the agreement on renting. He said giving a statement is a no no, even to my own insurance, I'd never have considered that. I forget, I'm a mechanic not a lawyer.And,Tina knows what she's talking about most of the time.

That sucks, brother. Speedy recovery to you and Tina, and I hope the driver gets her just rewards.
The machine can be replaced or repaired, you guys can't.
$300/week for a rental is nuts! Hopefully her insurance covers it.

Regardless of your insurance, her insurance should be willing to give you reasonable coverage for a rental until things are decided. You may not get a truck unless you can show your business relies on one.

Don't be too-quick to settle for damages until you have more info on the long term outcomes of your physical states. Insurance companies count on desperation, greed, and need to force hasty decisions.

FL is a no-fault state. The wrecks I have had in the recent past, (none my fault) the ins. co of the person who hit me always provided me w/a rental until my car was repaired. Yes, I said 'wrecks,' multiple accidents due to poor driving, and one I didn't get to claim because it was a hit/run in a Sears parking lot on the day after Thanksgiving, about $1500 damage to the rear of the truck. I keep my insurance for 'the Big Ones.'

Steve-o, a few sessions with a decent chiropractor may be worthwhile. It helped me out especially the electronic acupuncture.

Having been in the insurance claims business from the plaintiff ( damaged property and bodily injury ) side , I would seek the additional advice / care from an orthopedic . Their opinions carry a LOT more weight.

I've had a dam headache since it happened. And I never get them. I've been goofy forgetful too. Loosing shit all over the place. The hospital recommended a follow up with a neurosurgeon. An orthopedic makes sense for sure. I see my primary tomorrow, she's a trusted friend of many years. I'm sure she'll give me some advice also. Thank you all for the well wishes and good advice. Now where are my marbles?
Steve-o

Back