Down but not out.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
Last night Tina and I were off to do some errands and cruise around the Cape a little. At the bottom of our street, a three way intersection, we were just pulling out from a stop sign when we were rammed hard from behind by a cager. Hard enough to send us both to the hospital with injuries. Both have whiplash and shoulder injuries but no major bone damage. I have lower back stuff going on, and Tina has shoulder and arm pain. The hospital referred me to a neurosurgeon. My beloved Silverado which I just finished replacing everything in the A/C except the evaporator yesterday, and dropped a low mileage engine in is totaled. The frame looks to have kinked the bed and the bumper is 3' pushed under the bed.
The driver was going to run for it, until I got out and snapped a pic of her plate, she cussed ME out, saying I jacked her up.
30.gif
You all know what's going through our minds then. The street has a 25 mph limit. We might have saved someone else from getting T-boned. I almost took the Vmax, but I decided I needed to get to the truck wash and clean my baby's undercarriage. I don't think we would have fared well on the bike. The wacky driver? She went away in bracelets.I could tell she was under the influence of something. I'm Grateful to be alive today and still have Tina in one piece.
Be careful out there everybody.
Steve-o

Damn I glad you took the truck or this story would be very different.
I hope you both heal up fully and as quickly as possible.

Wow, glad it wasn't any worse for all of you. Be sure to follow the driver's path thru the courts so she gets what she deserves, you don't want he to get off because some LEO didn't show up for the hearing. She probably has multiple offenses, and accidents, no insurance, and a suspended license, all good reasons to 'jackrabbit' after an accident.

Years ago, in SE FL I got sideswiped on US-1 (major highway along the east coast of FL) and the young African-American driver took off. The impact threw me off the road and almost into a construction site where the car and I probably would have sustained much more-serious damage.

I was able to return to the road, and I had to pull in front of the driver and force him to stop, thank god he didn't ram me again. There were two young adult females w/him, and I requested to be provided w/the exchange of driver information, which you're entitled to after an accident. One of the mouthy females, told him, "don't give him nothin!" When I tried to snap a phone shot of their license plate, she made good use of her wide-spread cellulite ass and sat on-top of the license plate, denying me that info. It took an hour and a half for the police to show up, and the whole time, the females were trying to provoke me, calling me names and making vague threats about what was going to happen to me. I finally called back the 911 operator and said that they better send someone soon because the other party was threatening me, and that I wa in fear for my safety. It still took another half-hour, a "busy night" and "shift exchange."

Statr gathering your receipts now to show the $$ you dumped into the truck before the accident.

Sorry about your cage, thankfully you didn't sustain any of those life changing injuries. Idiots like the one that hit you are more common than we would like to think. When I ride with the wife she watches the light and taps me when it's green so that I may focus primarily on the mirrors. If it even looks like someone is coming fast I lane-split (totally illegal here) or blow the lite if I safely can, whatever escape route I choose while pulling up to the light but I always have one. I guess you didn't have that option in a cage but i"m glad your ok. I hope she will be made accountable.

Bummer dude. Good thing for sure you weren't on the bike as with that much damage she'd have gone all the way over you.

The way to do that is to follow in the courts her progression thru the legal system, to be held accountable. I bet she has civil law issues if not criminal ones from her behavior behind the wheel, this time and prior times. If she's driving on a suspended or revoked license, she could be spending some time in jail. One can always hope. She won't learn her lesson, she'll be driving on a suspended or revoked license as soon as she gets out, she's probably a habitual offender, that type of driver often is.

Sorry about your cage, thankfully you didn't sustain any of those life changing injuries. Idiots like the one that hit you are more common than we would like to think. When I ride with the wife she watches the light and taps me when it's green so that I may focus primarily on the mirrors. If it even looks like someone is coming fast I lane-split (totally illegal here) or blow the lite if I safely can, whatever escape route I choose while pulling up to the light but I always have one. I guess you didn't have that option in a cage but i"m glad your ok. I hope she will be made accountable.

Sorry to here about the accident. Hope you and yours feel better soon.

Glad to hear you guys are doing well after a hard impact. One of my security forces airmen laid his bike down when a lady made a left hand turn in front of him cutting him off. Roadrash on his back but otherwise very lucky. It it getting crazy out there folks, keep your head on a swivel, anticipate that everyone will try and wreck you and dress for the crash and hopefully everyone will survive another riding season.

Well that just plain sucks , but it could have sucked worse, hope all turns out as good as possible dealing with the fuckin insurance companies can be as tramadic as the accident.

That sucks. ..but at least Yall were able to walk away relatively unscathed. Hope that you both get well quick.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

You two get well and i hope all works outs ok. Be careful with that lower back steve, the problems can arrive much later.

Back