Drag Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zexus

Reaction score
I am going in a bit of a direction change with my max and want to go to drag bars. I currently have Sean's Superbike bars and like them, but they do not appeal to my eye as much as drag bars. My problem is I am not sure whether I should go with the straight bar or the drag bars that are just slightly bent at the end. I figure I will need a riser spacer regardless of which type I choose. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

We could go with the conventional drag bar we sell and then the riser. Would give the same feel but the visual appearance of the drag bar that many like.

Drag bar:rofl_200:
i`m back:rofl_200:
with my VERRY CONFORTABLE reverse adjustable tomasselli:rofl_200:
:biglaugh:appologise my need to be different:biglaugh:just share:biglaugh:
ciaow:punk:

Attachments

• DSC00010.jpg
    DSC00010.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00081.jpg
    DSC00081.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 55
Check out pro tapers SE Series Carmichael bend.
They are dirt bike bars but fit the max perfectly. I went from flat drag bars (no rise) with some pull back to the above and love them, several of my local buds that have tried my bike went and bought them as well.
I had them on my XR650, test fit them and then went out and bought a second pair.
They have slightly more pull back than drag bars and about three inches or less of rise, plus are very high quality with a cool ass cross bar that's removable.
If you search my posts for "it's done finally" you'll see what they look like.

I sorta like the "broomstick" look but the ride gets a little uncomfortable. The little bit of pull back makes all the difference to me. I am using fairly tall risers though, one to clear the airbox cover and second to improve reach. I do have a set of Flanders clip ons I was thinking of using on my drag bike. They'll probably hit the airbox though.

We could go with the conventional drag bar we sell and then the riser. Would give the same feel but the visual appearance of the drag bar that many like.

Hey Sean, do you sell risers too? And if so what type are they (0ne piece or the two piece kind)?

I have read that some people needed risers to avoid hitting the faux tank and others say they didn't need the risers and they had clearance. Don't want to use risers if I don't have too.

I didn't need risers to clear the faux tank when I had the UFO drag bars. (Before i knew about Jon) they barely cleared.

I had to change them to the pro tapers when I went to the after market faux cover.

No risers here.... They clear just fine...

utevy6a4.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I do sell the Genmar risers. They are available in black and brushed aluminum. We have chromed them as well (like on Gannons bike). I'd need to check and see if I have one on hand but if not I can get one in. I believe they are around $90 or so.

It's the bottoms of the switch housings that get close and the cables on the right side will almost always touch unless you either rock the bar up at an angle or do the same with the switch housing.

Also know that you wont be able to lower your bike by lowering the forks in the triple's without the right riser.......Mike

Not trying to push you in a particular direction but these Pro-Tapers are an awesome alternative to drag bars, same pull back, enough rise to clear the tank, and the feel is awesome. They are about 31.5" wide, and no cheap chrome finish to fail, they are finished in a rough textured powder.

They are the SE Series (7/8" inch meaning they fit the clamps) in the Carmichael Bend.

Best part is they are only around $70 as pictured and are STRONG since they are made for full competition dirt bikes.

The other cool part is that the vibration and my ability to see out of my mirrors improved greatly with these. (I have solid mounts and frame braces, I couldn't see shit in the mirrors before without clutching it)

I mentioned before UFO drag bars cleared my stock faux tank just fine, including the switch housings. But when I went to the aftermarket faux tank shown I had to find an alternative and these were it.

I cant see buying drag bars and then paying good money for risers to make them fit, expensive and:ummm:

Attachments

• DSC04079.jpg
    DSC04079.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC04084.jpg
    DSC04084.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC04085.jpg
    DSC04085.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC04086.jpg
    DSC04086.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC04087.jpg
    DSC04087.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 43
Does anyone have a source for simply wider handlebars for the 2005 Vmax? Maybe two inches total wider? I dont like the narrow feeling of the stock ones (probably because I ride off road too),,, I dont want chinese garbage ones either,, LOL! So you guys might know,,, thanks!!
:ummm:

My Euro bar will do that for you. I try to keep one on hand but will need to make sure or get one in for you.

Back