Drag Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max03

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the difference of the UFO drag bars as opposed to the ones on ebay? Price is quite different didn't know if the quality was that much different? And feedback would be great, thanks!!!

I cannot comment on the drag bars from UFO nor ebay. I can vouch for Flanders bars (B23) since I have been using them for the last 4 seasons.
The stock bar dimensions are: Diameter = 7/8" / Height = 3" / Width = 27" / Pullback = 7" / Center width = 6" / Clamp area = 2.5" x 5"
Here is a link to the Flanders 7/8" bars page: http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/ImportHandlebars/ImportDrag/78DragBars.html
Also check with Sean Morley as he has a nice selection of bars that are MUCH less expensive than the Flanders bars. [email protected] is his email.

I'm running a set of snowmobile drag bars on my Max, and so far they're awesome, I've only done about 60 miles on them since install the other day but I have zero complaints

Try the Protaper SE Series in Carmichael bend. You'll never want drag bars again. These have the same profile and width as drag bars with just a little bit more rise. I think several on here run them besides me.
And they're only 60-70 bucks and better quality than about any street bike bar as they are motocross bars

Sean sells bars for a very reasonable price. Many different bends too. The super bike bars he sells are nice because they have enough rise to clear the faux and a straighter bend than stock.

i have been told by several older bikers in my area to just go get a metal pipe that is the right length and just use it i was wandering if that was an cheap alternative to test if you like the bend and didnt know what kind of steel the actual bars are made out of because i have access to a few diff pipe benders so if i can just buy the steel and bend to my personal preference would be best

We used to use a heavy pipe to bend bars all the time. Usually to straighten them after a crash... :biglaugh:

Just slipped over the end and moved the forks up against the stop on the triple tree then gradually increased the force till they were bent to where we wanted them. Even did that to the stock bars on my first Max after falling over in a downhill parking lot at Deals Gap. Didn't fall over racing thru the curves, waited till stopped at a parking lot in front of my friends... That is what happens with a 30" inseam on a non level lot... :bang head:

Back