Drag strip Track Day?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I finished my trailer and my little S10 is running right so it looks like I'll probably make it weather pending... I'm going to try to race tomorrow or the 28'th too but forecast is for rain both days :banghead:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Looks like it might be a good turn out. So who's in for sure. I hope chad will be doing some vidio and racing. Craig bring your bike and run it. When i went the track dident even check my helmet no one looked at my bike. I just paid to get in and that was it. Even if you brake a 12 and get shut down you ran in the 11s on a vmax and thats great. and if you dont brake 12 you will have alot of fun running 12s. I dont think the track will say anything if you dont run better than 11.80 and good luck doing that. Speaking of 12 if we get 12 rider's we can do a michigan hooliganism drag day vmax tee shirt. I cant wait to see that yellow blurr go down the track Scott. How about it Rob you going to show up and take the michigan hooligan title. Lets get a count so we can plan for our lunch at the track. Who's in.

Im in for sure. Im still looking for a 11.60 We need 12 or more so we can do tee shirts.

If we do tee shirts it looks like the shirts will be $10 each up to a large and $1 more for each x size you go up. So $12 for me. This is a one color front print shirt. I need 2 weeks to order. so who wants one and how many. Others on the forum can order also but you need to show up to get your shirt. Im not shipping this time. I f we only get 8 rider's to go i might ship 4 to fill the order.

If we do tee shirts it looks like the shirts will be $10 each up to a large and $1 more for each x size you go up. So $12 for me. This is a one color front print shirt. I need 2 weeks to order. so who wants one and how many. Others on the forum can order also but you need to show up to get your shirt. Im not shipping this time. I f we only get 8 rider's to go i might ship 4 to fill the order.

Like I said I'm in weather pending and I'll take a shirt, they're just black right? I'll need a xxl and I'll kick in a few bucks for lunch but I'll let you guys handle the cooking...;)

Shirts would be cool!

How about a trophy/plaque for best time, or maybe we can do our own eliminations event lol!

I ll make up something for the winner.

Hell I ll toss in a set of cylinder covers as the prize!

Todd

Shirts would be cool!

How about a trophy/plaque for best time, or maybe we can do our own eliminations event lol!

I ll make up something for the winner.

Hell I ll toss in a set of cylinder covers as the prize!

Todd

This my friends is proof that the coolest guys ride the coolest bikes, that is awesome Todd but honestly I'm making the trip just as much to hang with you guys as I am to race :)

Just wondering... Is anyone RIDING their bike, or is everyone bringing them on trailers?

I'm riding, I'm in for a 4X t if possible (3x if no 4x) If you end up 1 or 2 short, I would take 2 Ts (I'm a slob and kinda hard on T-shirts.

Mike- I'm so much afraid of running under 12 as I am running a 14... If I run a 14 -On a V-Max- I'll shoot myself. Maybe I should leave the gun home <BMFG>

OK Mike- hears what you need to doo....

Rewire your horn button and make it into a kill button. Now fab up some struts to replace the rear shocks. Then practice some "kill button" shifts. Easy to do- just hold the throttle wide open, when the shit light comes on, hit the kill button and the shift lever. Fastest way to get down the track. But practice on the 2nd to 3rd shift first, the 1st-2nd is much harder and until you get the timing right you will miss those. You already know the tie down deal. We can get one of those nasty tenths you want! <BMFG>

I guess I'll take off the windshield just in case I run, But keep me away from sharp objects if I run in the 14s

I'm in. Never been on a drag strip with anything. Only real racing I've done is SCCA in my brother's '66 Mustang which is a freaking blast by the way. So if I do run in the 14's only laugh and point when I'm not looking.

I'll take an XL tshirt Mike.

U guys will do great. Your first two runs mean nothing. After that u will be in the high 12s or better for sure. Ots a vary laid back track. Chad i will do the same for u that was done for me my first time. Its all good dude. I will be hamming it up like todd this time. Makes great vidio. Scott i hope u like shinko because thats what i will be cooking. It will have a strong smoke flavor.

U guys will do great. Your first two runs mean nothing. After that u will be in the high 12s or better for sure. Ots a vary laid back track. Chad i will do the same for u that was done for me my first time. Its all good dude. I will be hamming it up like todd this time. Makes great vidio. Scott i hope u like shinko because thats what i will be cooking. It will have a strong smoke flavor.

Smoky Shinko's are delicious! ;) In all honesty guys my very first pass with tipping the scales at 300lbs with a stock bike except a Kerker and a jet kit (untuned at that) was like a 12.18 so you'll go faster than you think, just talk to Todd, Mike or myself and we can give you tips on launch technique... That's where all you et is at anyway :) Lots of guys (yes, even Vmax guys) on all kinds of bikes talk about how fast they are but alot have ever raced so they have no clue so you'll be a member of the 5% that actually know ;) This is a stern warning though- drag racing is HIGHLY addictive!

hijacker, Every time I see your ID I think "Durand, Why is it I remember that city? Have I ever been there? Why do I seem to know it, but don't remember why?" Well I finely figured it out. I go to Ionia to to visit my Son At least once a month. I take 94 to 69 and 69 across. After Flint I'm ready for a pit stop and I always use the same exit. For the last 4 years I have been taking the Durand exit at least once a month. So now I know...hopefully I'll be able to remember why I know the next time I look at that. <CRS>

Craig

So what are you saying Craig?............Durand is only good for taking a piss in?????..............:rofl_200:....................Tom.

Latest posts

Back