Drilled stock exhaust, k & N filter, T-boost on often??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an 06 that's basically stock with the above changes, I'm wondering before I go an drill the caps to get at the A/F screws..Do you think I could be running a little rich with that setup??

IF so, would backing off the A/F screws lean it out throughout the throttle range or just up to 1/4 throttle?

Need some info from anyone who got this set-up...APPRECIATED!!!!

mods: Drilled stock exhaust, t-boost, K & N filter, @ Sea-level.

Run it at idle for a bit and then check the plugs to see what they look like.

Turning the mixture screws has an effect up to 5000 rpm.

Mark

ok, I understand that I need to check it at idle, But I ride with the t-boost on often, since I ride around with the t-boost on often, doesn't make that the bike run rich? ( twice the fuel ) and therefore need some a/f adjustment to compensate for that change???

I run full boost from idle with stage 7 and I left the pilot air jets/pilot fuel jet alone. I set the mixture screws with vboost plugged in....then unplugged the connector in open position. My plugs look good.

I don't think you're getting double the fuel. You're losing velocity at 3K when the tboost kicks in so it could be going lean.

I would do this to set you needles and pilot mixture:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1024

Mark

Back