dyna 3000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run curve 5 ,With the old style analog ignition that is the most.I wouldn't recommend it on pump gas. I need it for mine because I have slotted cam sprockets and .383 lift cams.We set it up that way when we degreed the cams.

does stock max have a rev limiter and if so what rpm does it kick in

This has been a big debate for years.I know my stock 88 ignition did not have one.Maybe the digital ones do?

A mostly stock Vmax loses most of its torque after 10k rpm.Shifting at 95k rpm it probably best.Over revving these motors can be very hard on the rods and basically is wasting your time,slower than shifting into the next gear.

your kidding me...thats why i never feel it kick in..i THOUGHT ALL THESE METRICS HAS REV LIMIT BUILT INTO STOCK iGNITION

Nope! No limiter. My SV1000S has a soft and hard limiter. You know when you run into them...:whistlin:

The older 85-89 systems had some sort of ignition issue that worked like a rev limiter. 11,300 rpm.

Sean

i noticed on the face of my tach...8000 rpm is the only number that has a dot over it

Latest posts

Back