Dyna 3000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Any opinions on the Dyna? Anybody that has it have problems? I know other lists have said not to use it. Wondering if I'm gaining anything by using it on a big bore or is stock fine.:ummm:

I would recommend it. I loved it when I had one. Had to quit using though because I went with COPs and it kept frying. Great midrange boost!!!
Cheers

Any opinions on the Dyna? Anybody that has it have problems? I know other lists have said not to use it. Wondering if I'm gaining anything by using it on a big bore or is stock fine.:ummm:

Have Dyna on both of my Maxes.
You need the rev limiter.
I have it in curve #4 with 13 to 1 compression when I'm not on the bottle.

I've just heard so many complain about how unreliable it is that I decided to just watch my revs. I'd hate to be out and about and have it crap out on me.

Get it soon as I heard they're going to stop making them...

Chris

Dyna has discontinued the 3000 for the early bikes for sure (85-89). Not sure on the later years yet. I can always find out and price one to you. I do have one new one on hand for the 90 and up. I am actually looking for a 85-89 version. Fargo, do you have any of your crapped out ones?

Sean

I have it on the bike currently..I'm wondering if it could be a cause of the sudden power loss

Yes, it can be. We have had problems with them in the past. Try to re-install your old one and see what it does.

Sean

Hey Sean
I have the last one that crapped out on me, havent turned it in yet. From what I understand talking to one of the techs at Dyna they are not servicable. They are completely filled with silicone after assembly. Never opened it up to check.
Cheers

Hey Sean
I have the last one that crapped out on me, havent turned it in yet. From what I understand talking to one of the techs at Dyna they are not servicable. They are completely filled with silicone after assembly. Never opened it up to check.
Cheers
Many difrent devices are filled with silicone or wtf else...signal relay, v-boost black box etc. I've repaired some burned old type TCI's with a good result also
one v-boost black box but it was horrible to remove that glue.
That silicone also can be removed with some special solvent.

Have one on my drag bike right now with issues. Put the stock one back on problems go away. Somethings weak in there... their going to stop making them? Just curious as I haven't checked with DYNA. Are they willing to give you your money back?

I sold the old one a while ago so don't have it (Looks like I'll have to look for another stocker). Is there any reason to use the Dyna on a larger engine or stock is fine? Also I've also got an aftermarket tach with rev limiter. If both Dyna and tach have limiters do they interfere with each other? Do you set one and not the other or what?

Inquiring minds want to know. What COPs are you using and what is the resistance
Cheers

The set I started with were 1.3~ 1.4. I blew a fuse one day while passing. Changed the fuse for a breaker and then remembered NaughtyG said something about having higher resistance on his coil set. he also has the taller sticks.

Picked up an older set from an R1 that are ~1.6. No blown fuses

the numbers on the sticks from top down:
Mitsubishi,
F6T558
2Y29 or 2308

I have another set of the F6T558 sticks with a 2528 number that are 1.4.

Might all be hit and miss. :confused2::confused2:

Back