E3 spark plugs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmann

Reaction score
I just bought the E3 DiamondFIRE spark plugs, but haven't installed them yet. Is anyone currently running their Vmax on them?

I've run them befure and had no ill effects. I had high dollar platinum too and in the end, have gone back to stock CHEAP factory NGKs. Gap em and change em if they get dark but if they are getting dark, you are probably going rich on your mixture.
I think you'll find all the old threads here say the same thing. I had to learn the hard way!

All the fancy spark plugs out there are just that....gimmicks.

The spark only jumps in one location, the path of least resistance. Having 2, 3, 4 electrodes does not mean there will be multiple sparks. The reason for this is longer life and better resistance to fouling, which is why the platinum or iridium OEM plugs in cars often carry a 100k mile service interval.

The p/o had put iridium NGK's in my bike, when I pulled them to look the ground strap on one appears to have melted and "splashed" onto the porcelain. I replaced them with stock NGKs and that was like 20k miles ago.

I was running iridium plugs as well but just recently decided to go back to regular NGKs.
There is no noticeable difference between two so why waste extra $$?
From what I heard, platinum plugs are a gimmick, they are regular plugs with super thin platinum plating on them which wears out after several hundred miles then you are back to regular plugs.
=)

Back