Easy carb needle question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dezeez

Reaction score
With all that I've read on the carbs, I'm still confused about moving the clips on the needles. If I move the clip towards the blunt end of the needle, is that leaning out or enriching the mixture?

My understanding is, that the more the needle is out of the jet, the more gas comes thru therefore enriching the mixture.

So by moving the clip towards the blunt end, you're 'dropping' the needle into the jet and leaning out the mix.

Conversely, by moving the clip towards the sharp end, you're 'lifting' the needle out of the jet and enriching the mixture.

I hope that makes sense and am sure a carb guru will correct me if I got it wrong :punk:

Simple terms

Needle standing straight up and down.
Pointy side of needle pointing down.

Example:
Clip is set in the middle notch of the needle.

Lower the clip one notch towards the point= This raises the needle= more fuel

Raise the clip one notch away from the point= This lowers the needle= less fuel

Hopefully one of these explanations will clarify any confusion about needle adjustements.

simple terms

needle standing straight up and down.
Pointy side of needle pointing down.

Example:
Clip is set in the middle notch of the needle.

Lower the clip one notch towards the point= this raises the needle= more fuel

raise the clip one notch away from the point= this lowers the needle= less fuel

hopefully one of these explanations will clarify any confusion about needle adjustements.

lankee i wish i had you teaching math class

Is it just me or has it been a little boring without Lankee around. How long is he grounded for?

Back