EBAY 85 vmax for sale buy now $1500

Discussion in 'VBoost Room' started by 1967vmax, Dec 15, 2009.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

  1. Dec 15, 2009 #1

    1967vmax

    1967vmax

    1967vmax

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Messages:
    724
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Schellsburg
    Nice price for an 85 looks clean .jim 3933
     
  2. Dec 15, 2009 #2

    hubeerjw

    hubeerjw

    hubeerjw

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2007
    Messages:
    1,425
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Wellman, IA
    Where is it located and do you have more info on it?
     
  3. Dec 15, 2009 #3

    1967vmax

    1967vmax

    1967vmax

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    Messages:
    724
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Schellsburg
    Arlington Tx 17k item #300378064639
     
  4. Dec 15, 2009 #4

    satariel666

    satariel666

    satariel666

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    3,587
    Likes Received:
    4
    Location:
    Where am I? Oh, right here...
  5. Dec 15, 2009 #5

    gamorg02

    gamorg02

    gamorg02

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Messages:
    12,331
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    cny
    there's been one around here for 1400 that 'runs' for a while
     
  6. Dec 15, 2009 #6

    texas-ss-tornado

    texas-ss-tornado

    texas-ss-tornado

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2008
    Messages:
    897
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Lexington, KY
    Probably should just be considered a parts bike, too many unknowns for me!
     
  7. Dec 15, 2009 #7

    RaWarrior

    RaWarrior

    RaWarrior

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2009
    Messages:
    3,395
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    Looks clean and in good shape. Said it has a new-er motor from an 88, and who knows how many miles were on that. Says the transmission is "tight" and the only iffy part he doesn't detail is the carbs. Even still, an afternoon of carb work and you could resell to double your investment. Definetly seems to be at least worth a look to anyone local.

    I've found that ebayers tend to be pretty up-front and honest about things 99% of the time, and the other 1% are honest mistakes 99% of the time. Which of course leaves a hundredth of a percent out there that try to scam. I have yet to encounter a would-be scammer that didn't have a zero-feedback account, and didn't instantly close the account the first time I called BS on his "trading company in south africa". I ran an ebay store as my summer job, and completed hundreds of transactions and I consider myself a pretty good ebay user.
     
  8. Dec 16, 2009 #8

    06VMAXIMUS

    06VMAXIMUS

    06VMAXIMUS

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    2,741
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Amherst, Ohio
    Bought a Honda civic on ebay with "78,000 original miles". When I went to pick it up, I found out it had One HUNDRED seventy eight thousand miles.....told the guy to F-off and left. He flat out lied about the mileage, then had the balls to file a negative feedback against me. I still buy stuff on ebay, but be careful because that small percentage of douchbags are out there!!!
     
  9. Dec 16, 2009 #9

    gamorg02

    gamorg02

    gamorg02

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Messages:
    12,331
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    cny
  10. Dec 17, 2009 #10

    dannymax

    dannymax

    dannymax

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    Messages:
    13,075
    Likes Received:
    12
    Location:
    columbia county new york
    Hmmmm! Might want to be careful with this one.....being a complete bike I would expect to see scoops & carb diaphram covers, little things like that which I'm not seeing. Also, why doesn't it run? Something to do with a massive crack in the base?

    Still, it might be worth a look....:confused2:
     
  11. Dec 17, 2009 #11

    gamorg02

    gamorg02

    gamorg02

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2008
    Messages:
    12,331
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    cny

    good point. but yea still if someone could pick it up for $1000 might be worth it. it also says 'tons of other vmax parts' so who knows...
     
  12. Dec 17, 2009 #12

    spursmech

    spursmech

    spursmech

    Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2009
    Messages:
    519
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    arizona
    :punk:It's gone, some lucky guy now gets to part it out, Spur
     

Share This Page

arrow_white