Equalizing Vacuum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: equalizing vacumn

I have had no problems with mine since I did this mod. The idle is better, the throttle responce is better. Just went from east coast of Fl. to west coast on Saturday and ran great.

I have had no problems with mine since I did this mod. The idle is better, the throttle responce is better. Just went from east coast of Fl. to west coast on Saturday and ran great.

Spyder, did you use the same diameter as the OEM hose on #2 carb, without any kind of restrictors?

danny

Thanks, I like the sound of this...heading for the auto pts store shortly!! :thumbs up:

def an interesting idea. danny let us know how it works out for ya.

Well then I`m definatly going to try this out.:biglaugh:
maybe the v-boost will respond better as well so, I`m also going to scrounge up some change and take a trip to the auto zone.
<<Dave>:punk:
will post about any signifigant changes in the performance of the motor.

Make sure you sync the carbs first

Very good advice, there! Amazingly, I actually thought of that before doing this mod this afternoon!

Went to the A/P, picked up a 4 way and a tee vacuum fittings and 5 feet of vacuum hose. And hooked them up according to the pics.

Everything tucks in nicely behind the H's. I noticed the same thing Spyder13 was talking about, more responsive off idle, smoother idle, etc. but the thing that really improved was the starting. Typically it would turn over 2 - 3 times and catch, not bad....prolly about normal. Now, I just touch the starter button and it's running, as soon as the button is depressed...it's running! It doesn't even turn over, it's instant!! This is when it's hot, of course!

I'd be real interested to hear if anybody else has this also. I don't know why hooking the vacuum ports together would cause this.....does anybody have any idea? Somethin' in the vacuum advance? :confused2:

Attachments

• 100_1546.jpg
    100_1546.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_1545.jpg
    100_1545.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_1544.jpg
    100_1544.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_1547.jpg
    100_1547.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 106
  • 100_1548.jpg
    100_1548.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 100

I think I'm gonna try this one too, just to see how it goes.

I thought of one question: usually the advance tube gets its vacuum from jut one carb. Now that it gets vacuum from 4 carbs, wouldn't that over-advance it? Or should the vacuum amount still be the same, rather than x4?

I think I'm gonna try this one too, just to see how it goes.

I thought of one question: usually the advance tube gets its vacuum from jut one carb. Now that it gets vacuum from 4 carbs, wouldn't that over-advance it? Or should the vacuum amount still be the same, rather than x4?

I believe it's the same amout of vacuum G....don't see any way that it could accumulate. Maybe become stronger, less fluctuations? :confused2:

i was wondering how vacuum addition worked myself

danny how exactly did u do it? did u T the left sides together then the right sides then t those back to the original tube?

If you get an elbow fitting for the 2 rear cylinders run vacuum line to front cylinders and t there it is less clutter in the middle. You can still reach your idle adjustment then.

from the pics I think he got the right sides over to the 4-piece as well as #2, then T'd the 4th port, #1 and the original vacuum hose together.

I still like the original diagram better - using 3 T pieces. 1-2 to a T, 3-4 to a T, and then the 2 Ts together to the 3rd T which goes to vacuum advance.

Gee thanx Mr.G.,
Thats how I plan to do mine too.
That etcher scetch 2.0 program really made it easy to design that diagram :eusa_dance:LOL.:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
It will go under the air box and leave access to the idle screw too.
I didn`t make it to the A/P today so, maybe tomorrow.
<<Dave>>:punk:

Very good advice, there! Amazingly, I actually thought of that before doing this mod this afternoon!

Went to the A/P, picked up a 4 way and a tee vacuum fittings and 5 feet of vacuum hose. And hooked them up according to the pics.

Everything tucks in nicely behind the H's. I noticed the same thing Spyder13 was talking about, more responsive off idle, smoother idle, etc. but the thing that really improved was the starting. Typically it would turn over 2 - 3 times and catch, not bad....prolly about normal. Now, I just touch the starter button and it's running, as soon as the button is depressed...it's running! It doesn't even turn over, it's instant!! This is when it's hot, of course!

I'd be real interested to hear if anybody else has this also. I don't know why hooking the vacuum ports together would cause this.....does anybody have any idea? Somethin' in the vacuum advance? :confused2:
Thats great Dan,:th_image003:the mod monkey strikes again !!!
<<Dave>> I`ll let you know if mine has the same reaction.

i was wondering how vacuum addition worked myself

danny how exactly did u do it? did u T the left sides together then the right sides then t those back to the original tube?

I put the 4-way fitting on the left side and plugged #1, #3 & #4 into it, and went to a tee in the OEM tube from the 4th barb.

Don't believe there is any right or wrong way to do it....whatever floats yer boat'll work!! :biglaugh:

Best part of it is, I got enough fittings to do the '06 also (just need another length of hose) total cost-$6.60!! :clapping:

I think he meant "what damn tube u get?"

Latest posts

Back