exhaust dyno sheets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
anyone have any exhaust dyno sheets? it would be nice to know what HP gains the different exhausts give you more so than just sounds...

Stock motor? if stock and hp gains alone hands down Kerker with a comp baffle is hard to beat.

I can't argue that yet. Kyle's 86 pulled over 117 hp with a 4-1 Kerker. My bike had a slipping clutch on Dyno Day and only showed 101.xx hp. I bet it'd show more now though. Marks Exhaust Rocks. I'm not prejudice, my 89 has Kerker 4-1. I'll be swapping it for Marks 4-1 someday...:biglaugh:

For what is worth, here's my experiences with V-Max exhaust systems.

1991 V-Max

Stock 110 hp
Supertraps open end caps 112 hp
Supertraps open end caps and "Factory" jet kit 115 hp
Kerker comp baffle and Factory jet kit 120 hp
Kerker comp baffle custom stage 7 jet kit 127 hp
Kerker comp baffle PCW 39 mm flat slides 134 hp
Marks one off custom 4-2-1 PCW 39 mm flat slides hp 137

1991 / 1997 V-Max Marks one off custom 4-2-1 1517 motor with Magna supercharger, 20lbs of boost 245 hp

That's my experience. . . but what do I know:confused2:

1991 V-Max

Stock 110 hp

1991 / 1997 V-Max Marks one off custom 4-2-1 1517 motor with Magna supercharger, 20lbs of boost 245 hp

Nice!

1991 V-Max

Stock 110 hp

this is more of the type of info i am looking for, thanks. keep the great info coming guys, i appreciate it.

There is no significant difference between most header brands and HP.

Sean

Nobody, obviously you know quite a bit... Very nicely done post.
That info will create a baseline for my future thinking,
Seriously,
Thank You...:clapping:

1991 V-Max

Stock 110 hp

are the 137 numbers with a stock engine? how was the general driveability with the flat slides?

are the 137 numbers with a stock engine? how was the general driveability with the flat slides?

Here's the deal,

Stock motor, Dyna 3000 on the most aggressive setting, Nology wires, Stock gears in the rear, but with a 17" light weight tire and wheel.

I fuck with the carburetors for over two years before I made those #'s.

I ran no air filters and as tall a velocity stack that would fit.

Driveability is different from the stock setup, you cant go WOT real fast, kind roll onto it so the engine can take the air / fuel. But once you get the hang of it, the bike will do power wheels all day.

The open velocity stacks also whistle loud when roll on it hard.

The issue I had with Flat slides is . . they need to be CLEAN and tuned so that you get the best performance out of them. Also when it is cold out forget about starting the bike with them, a real PITA. If you think they are a set and forget deal you are wrong. They definitely are not for everyone.

Here's the deal,

Stock motor, Dyna 3000 on the most aggressive setting, Nology wires, Stock gears in the rear, but with a 17" light weight tire and wheel.

Driveability is different from the stock setup, you cant go WOT real fast, kind roll onto it so the engine can take the air / fuel. But once you get the hang of it, the bike will do power wheels all day.

The issue I had with Flat slides is . . they need to be CLEAN and tuned so that you get the best performance out of them. Also when it is cold out forget about starting the bike with them, a real PITA. If you think they are a set and forget deal you are wrong. They definitely are not for everyone.

yea i don't have any interest in them, i like having the carbs under the aribox still. what kind of HP did you get while you were 'close' to tuning them but not exactly on?

Here's the deal,

NOBODY i have no problem starting the bike when it is cold. Had in the begining but i did a little research on google. and guess what . before you start your bike just turn 2 times the throttle so they will "spit" some fuel (yes fcr do that) and then just press start. i was amazed !!!!

What does marks one off 4-1 system look like? Does it have a merge collector? Sizes? Does it have stepped pipes?

Latest posts

Back