Exhaust joint needed...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
Getting my 05 stock exhaust ready for Ebay and noticed my left exhaust joint has a bolt broken off in it from the PO. I know I can have it drilled out and tapped but I figured I would check to see if anyone has one laying around so I don't have to bother the guys at work. There is a difference between the two, the left has a L on the casting, the right has R on the casting. Clicking PayPal sounds easier then screwing with it if the price is right.

Attachments

• 2005 Vmax stock exhaust 009.jpg
    2005 Vmax stock exhaust 009.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 33
Yep, have three!
c6e4e9ab-38df-ef21.jpg
c6e4e9ab-3900-cafb.jpg
c6e4e9ab-3926-e80b.jpg

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

Hah, will pulling my stock, I found a "R" joint with a bolt broke off in it. Must have been bought like that as I have never broken a header bolt. Soft metal from factory or rust and corrosion from 1985?! Who knows.

When in doubt...Gas it !!!

I've probably got one. Could trade you out if you want. We'd eventually use yours to cut off and weld up for paint/storage use.

Sean

I've probably got one. Could trade you out if you want. We'd eventually use yours to cut off and weld up for paint/storage use.

Sean

Hey Sean that would work great, then I won't have one laying around. I will cover your shipping PM sent.

Thanks for your offer Pat...

Seems to be a thing with those bolts. When I changed over to my Marks exhaust, the bike had 1500 miles on it and the bolts were seized on the left rear side.

1500 miles, garage kept, never seen the rain....sounds to me like an assembly problem.

Anti sieze when ever the header bolts come out! Running a tap probaly won't hurt either!

Latest posts

Back