F***ing Furious...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hate to be the 'devil's guy' here Medic cause I'm completely on your side but it prolly would just be a waste of money getting a lawyer. There are no damages to go after and no tangible harm was done.

You might get further by contacting customer service at Yamaha Corp. or something like that. Just a thought.

I'd look into your local Joy riding and unlawful use of a vehicle laws. Up here when your told not to drive the vehicle, and you can't provide proof that you absolutly needed to drive said vehicle. That is joy riding.

Might give you some extra leverage when dealing with the bike shop manager.

This gives me visions of the two blokes in Farris Bueller's day off when they took the Ferarri.

I'd look into your local Joy riding and unlawful use of a vehicle laws. Up here when your told not to drive the vehicle, and you can't provide proof that you absolutly needed to drive said vehicle. That is joy riding.

This gives me visions of the two blokes in Farris Bueller's day off when they took the Ferarri.

Yeah, you're right. I brought it up to a police friend of mine, and he sent me this link...

http://www.tennesseecriminallawyerblog.com/2008/12/property_crimes_joyriding_unau.html

Interesting. I think at a minimum, they manager should be made aware of this if he's not already.

I was there when they brought it and I was the one who rode it. I only did over 100 for three of those six miles...FYI it ran great!

Hey thanks KJ, I had no idea laws like this existed.

Good thing to post....especially on a v max forum! :clapping:

Yeah, you're right. I brought it up to a police friend of mine, and he sent me this link...

http://www.tennesseecriminallawyerblog.com/2008/12/property_crimes_joyriding_unau.html

Interesting. I think at a minimum, they manager should be made aware of this if he's not already.

Couldn't agree more, had it turned out that you were a dickhead (instead of the good guy that you are) you could have caused this stealer a shitload of embarassment in the local press.

I got a feeling he's aware of the Joy Ridin' law and realizes he just caught a break.

Really glad it worked out for you......and I think you can feel pretty confident about taking your bike back to this shop......they're gonna make damn sure THAT bike's treated with respect!! :punk:

it worked out already?

Yep. Here is the letter of apology. Looks like it's worked out to me.

[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']Dear Mr. Parton,

I wanted to personally write to you and formally apologize on behalf our dealership, our service department, and our service technician, Jason Nicholson, for not honoring your specific request that your 2009 Star Yamaha V-Max not be test ridden while it was in our dealership for an alarm installation.

We do have a policy and require our technicians to test ride each vehicle after a repair and/or service to ensure the quality of work and verify the condition is corrected the first time. However, there are instances when certain services do not necessitate a test ride to validate the quality of a repair such as the installation of the alarm system on your V-Max. Further, when a customer specifically requests that their vehicle not be test ridden it is our responsibility to honor that request.

Your complaint has been reviewed with our General Service Manager, Mr. James Parker, as well as the service technician, Mr. Jason Nicholson, and we have enhanced our procedures to ensure when a customer makes a specific request such as you made Mr. Parton that our customers wishes are honored. Further, we have docked the technicians time and will be contacting your father to issue a credit in the full amount of $136.27.

Again, Mr. Parton, I want to personally apologize on behalf our our dealership, our service department, and our service technician for not fully honoring your request. We hope that if you do have any service needs in the future you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust.

Sincerely,

James W. Osborn
Dealer Principal, Yamaha Suzuki of Cool Springs and Honda of Cool Springs

[/FONT]

Very well written and thoughful reply. Kudos to them for handling it professionally. I'd not hesitate to go back to those guys.​

Wow! I'm impressed that you got an apology letter from them. Sounds like they took it pretty seriously.

Well, I did ask for a letter of apology. I also asked for the installation fee back. But I do believe this was an isolated incident and I'm considering purchasing the new 240 rear tire from them when they are available again. I do get a 10% military discount from them, after all. :punk: Overall, I was very pleased at the professionalism of the management, especially Trevor Clay, whom I spoke with twice. I just think they had a bad apple.

Wow! That is a good dealership! :thumbs up: Most of the ones around here would tell you to fuck off if you complained.

Very good to see a responsible and considerate reply come back to you medic.
I have the feeling the general consensus on dealer ships is not favorable.

I also get the same feeling from the local place near me as well. If I didn't buy a new bike from them at least every 2nd yr, then I'm just a bother .
I have 2 older Yammy's ( 86 Fazer , 95 Vmax),...takes too much effort to find parts so i get the run around till i finally give up and leave,......when i do have the money to buy the New MAX , do you think i'll be buying it there ?

Good for both of you! You for taking some action when you didn't get the service you paid for, and him for rogering up and taking steps to correct the situation and refund your money.

I think a big part of the drop in customer service we've all seen over time is actually due to consumers failing to stand up for themselves when they don't get what they paid for. Everyone just chalks it up to "well what did ya expect? he's just a garage mechanic, stupid you for thinking he'd take care of it properly." That's bull$hit. You're paying him good money for a service; you should make sure you get it and let the world know if you don't so everyone can go somewhere else.

As it went down, I wish I lived nearby so I could use a dealer like this where I know I can get results. Well done!

looks like it worked out joey. i'd def keep going there.

if it were me, i'd let this james guy know i appreciate the time.

Back