F***ing Furious...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

medic981

Reaction score
Okay, as many of you know, I'm serving in Central America for the time being. My 09 VMax is under the care of my father in middle TN. After a series of motorcycle thefts in Fayetteville, NC, where I live, called up the Yamaha dealership in Cool Springs to see what security systems they offered. I settled on the Scorpio i900. They said they would take care of all of it, I paid with my card, and they told me that the instalation would be taken out of the card as well when the system was installed. All my dad had to do was drop the bike off and pick it up. They even gave me 10% of the system for being military.

Last night, my dad rode the bike to the dealership so that it would be there for the early morning appointment this morning. The bike's milage was written down on the paperwork that evening, 662 miles, and my dad instructed them that there would be no joy riding on the bike and that he knew the milage. Today, my dad goes to pick up the bike. My bike isn't there. The kid that installed the system is out on a 'test drive'. Milage on the bike when it got back... 668. Sounds like more of a joy ride than a test drive. And WTF did they need to do a test drive for in the first place? The dealership is closed for the evening, so I can't call for an explaination. :bang head:

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it standard to 'test drive' a bike after a security system installation? Is six miles standard for such a test drive? :confused2:

I hope I'm not over-reacting. Any advice?

Okay, as many of you know, I'm serving in Central America for the time being. My 09 VMax is under the care of my father in middle TN. After a series of motorcycle thefts in Fayetteville, NC, where I live, called up the Yamaha dealership in Cool Springs to see what security systems they offered. I settled on the Scorpio i900. They said they would take care of all of it, I paid with my card, and they told me that the instalation would be taken out of the card as well when the system was installed. All my dad had to do was drop the bike off and pick it up. They even gave me 10% of the system for being military.

Last night, my dad rode the bike to the dealership so that it would be there for the early morning appointment this morning. The bike's milage was written down on the paperwork that evening, 662 miles, and my dad instructed them that there would be no joy riding on the bike and that he knew the milage. Today, my dad goes to pick up the bike. My bike isn't there. The kid that installed the system is out on a 'test drive'. Milage on the bike when it got back... 668. Sounds like more of a joy ride than a test drive. And WTF did they need to do a test drive for in the first place? The dealership is closed for the evening, so I can't call for an explaination. :bang head:

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it standard to 'test drive' a bike after a security system installation? Is six miles standard for such a test drive? :confused2:

I hope I'm not over-reacting. Any advice?

Oh, and I forgot to mention that the Yamaha dealership didn't even do the installation. They took it next door to the Honda shop. And they didn't charge me for the installation, they made my dad pay. $124-ish.

Sorry, I'm just aggravated and I'm not thinking straight.

ya I would be a little pissed also. I know when I replace engines on trucks they get a 20-30mile road test then out the door, and thats for an engine replacement! I cant see why a bike would warrant a road test after an alarm install except to fancy some asshole "want" to ride the 09 Max. The alarm techs at my dealership to NOT road test vehicles after installing alarms. I would raise hell and make them refund you for the alarm in full including install!!! ......Theres no such thing as customer service anymore and no respect for peoples belongings! Assholes, granted 6miles is only 6miles but it is the point that they were asked to not road test it and then did anyway!

Richard

+1, having worked in that line of business. I can say no test drive is required.

You install the alarm, activate the alarm, shimmy the vehicle to activate the alarm to see if it works. If there is an ignition interuptor you can test that too without driving/riding anything.

IMO Medic, you aren't over-reacting one bit!! They were told flat out not to ride it and they did anyway.

The six miles doesn't have anything to do with it....6 or 106, no difference! It only takes a few feet to reduce it to a pile of scrap metal if the wrong set of conditions occur!

You're well within your rights to give them 17 different kinds of shit for this....the kid had no right whatsoever to ride your bike!!

+1, having worked in that line of business. I can say no test drive is required.

You install the alarm, activate the alarm, shimmy the vehicle to activate the alarm to see if it works. If there is an ignition interuptor you can test that too without driving/riding anything.

Thanks for the advice, guys. They open up tomorrow at noon. I'll be speaking to the manager. I want to keep the alarm. No sense in taking it back to these assholes to mess with it again.

I'm gonna ask for the installation fee to be returned to my dad, for a written guarantee to fix the bike, free of charge, if something messes up in the near future, and a written explanation and apology from the guy/guys who rode the bike. Short of that, I'm hiring a lawyer on Monday and making calls to the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce in Franklin, TN.

Hell, I've barely been able to ride the bike, what gives that asshole the right to ride my bike, the one I bought with my money well earned fighting in Afghanistan.

/end rant

joey i'd say you're reacting perfectly. i woud understand if they had to drive it up and down the parking lot, but it sounds like they didn't need to.

raise hell

i would'nt want to be the manager there when you call lol. better yet i would hate to be the little shit who rode your bike cause he will hear a lot more than manager.:biglaugh:

i have a good story about my friends corvette , but i don't have time to post it , i'll tell you guy's later ! Its good !

That is why I NEVER leave my bike anywhere to have work done. I stand there and wait. An IPod and a good book or a magazine helps the time go by fast. I do the same thing with all my vehicles.

That is why I NEVER leave my bike anywhere to have work done. I stand there and wait. An IPod and a good book or a magazine helps the time go by fast. I do the same thing with all my vehicles.

I agree 100%. But unfortunately, I can't do that from down here in Central America. :bang head:

I just got off the phone with the dealership. The general manager wasn't there, so all I got was the service manager. I explained to him what had happened. He seemed to understand my frustration. I told him that I thought returning the installation fee and a written letter of explanation/apology from whoever rode the bike would suffice. He took down my contact info as well as my dad's contact info and told me he would bring it all up to the gm at the morning meeting tomorrow. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

If I'm not happy with what they come back to me with, anyone know any good lawyers in middle Tennessee?

I agree 100%. But unfortunately, I can't do that from down here in Central America. :bang head:

I just got off the phone with the dealership. The general manager wasn't there, so all I got was the service manager. I explained to him what had happened. He seemed to understand my frustration. I told him that I thought returning the installation fee and a written letter of explanation/apology from whoever rode the bike would suffice. He took down my contact info as well as my dad's contact info and told me he would bring it all up to the gm at the morning meeting tomorrow. So we'll see what happens tomorrow.

If I'm not happy with what they come back to me with, anyone know any good lawyers in middle Tennessee?

I really hate to be the 'devil's guy' here Medic cause I'm completely on your side but it prolly would just be a waste of money getting a lawyer. There are no damages to go after and no tangible harm was done.

You might get further by contacting customer service at Yamaha Corp. or something like that. Just a thought.

thanks for the advice, guys. They open up tomorrow at noon. I'll be speaking to the manager. I want to keep the alarm. No sense in taking it back to these assholes to mess with it again.

I'm gonna ask for the installation fee to be returned to my dad, for a written guarantee to fix the bike, free of charge, if something messes up in the near future, and a written explanation and apology from the guy/guys who rode the bike. Short of that, i'm hiring a lawyer on monday and making calls to the better business bureau and the chamber of commerce in franklin, tn.

Hell, i've barely been able to ride the bike, what gives that asshole the right to ride my bike, the one i bought with my money well earned fighting in afghanistan.

/end rant

+1

I really hate to be the 'devil's guy' here Medic cause I'm completely on your side but it prolly would just be a waste of money getting a lawyer. There are no damages to go after and no tangible harm was done.

You might get further by contacting customer service at Yamaha Corp. or something like that. Just a thought.

Yeah, you're probably right. But then again, that's why I post my thoughts. You guys offer a fair opinion.

But it won't be necessary, anyway. The dealer agreed to refund the installation fee and they said an official letter of apology was emailed to my work account. Now, off to work to read the letter. Thanks to all of you for putting up with my gripe! :clapping:

Yeah, you're probably right. But then again, that's why I post my thoughts. You guys offer a fair opinion.

But it won't be necessary, anyway. The dealer agreed to refund the installation fee and they said an official letter of apology was emailed to my work account. Now, off to work to read the letter. Thanks to all of you for putting up with my gripe! :clapping:

u gonna post the letter? sounds like it worked out.

Latest posts

Back