Faux Protector/Camera Mount

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to get some kind of cover or leather protector to put on the fake tank that will fit a vmax? I got a leather jacket and im scratching the $%#@ out of my paint with the zipper! Didnt notice untill too late, thank god they are light and will buff out with some wax.

Also im trying to figure out a way to mount a camera to my handlebars or something. I have a canon s3-is and also a sony cybershot that both take pretty decent video and im racking my brains trying to find something to mount one with. Both my cameras have the standard screw on deal on the bottom to put them on tripod.

MIKE! I KNOW you can fab me something up buddy, whatll it cost me :hihi:

How about puuting some 3M..clear plastic on the lower part of the tank???,like they use on cars/trucks to protect against rock chips....

It amazes me how many "Motorcycle" jackets have zippers and buckels that end up right on the tank...

I could do that probably. I know someone makes leather faux covers because when i was looking to buy my bike i seen a guy selling a 96 on ebay with one on it. It looked pretty sweet.

This is real similar to what I made for mine.I bought some 7/8" split collars from Mcmaster Carr.Drilled and taped it for 1/4-20 all thread.I already had an aluminum swivel ball mount from an old security camera.

Thanks a lot guys, I like that tank protector, id like to get something like that for mine but i dont think anyone makes anything anymore haha.

As for the camera mount, the best thing i could find is the ones on the link below, i guess your supposed to use velcro though. I dont think id trust velcro to hold my camera on hauling ass with that wind hitting it!!

http://www.motorcycleaccessoriesrus.com/Productsstemstand.html

Thanks a lot guys, I like that tank protector, id like to get something like that for mine but i dont think anyone makes anything anymore haha.

As for the camera mount, the best thing i could find is the ones on the link below, i guess your supposed to use velcro though. I dont think id trust velcro to hold my camera on hauling ass with that wind hitting it!!

http://www.motorcycleaccessoriesrus.com/Productsstemstand.html

What about the one in the link I provided?

Sorry buster i must have skipped your reply man. That looks like it could work pretty good. Do you think it would mount to the handlebars? Id have to figure out the best place to put it. That looks like my best bet if i cant have someone fab something up for me. Thanks

Sorry buster i must have skipped your reply man. That looks like it could work pretty good. Do you think it would mount to the handlebars? Id have to figure out the best place to put it. That looks like my best bet if i cant have someone fab something up for me. Thanks

They are made to bolt onto any handlebars with the attached U-bolt. I use one similar to that for my GPS.

before you go through the trouble of finding a mounting kit for those cameras, try the camera at speed. Digital cameras record into a compressed format, usually .wmv. Well, they look really great when there isn't alotta motion in the video, but when there is alot of motion the video usually really suffers. I would try it out with a passenger holding the camera just to see if the quality is as good as you are hoping. Also, almost all camcorders use the exact same tripod mount as your cameras so if you want to upgrade in the future you can.

Sorry, the camera geek in me thought you should try this first!

Back